CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

I sent the boys home and called Gavin, Josh, and Grey to supervise them. I already forgave Josh. He said that the guy wasn't even part of the Team 10 and that he's still researching on that.

"Happy birthday to me." I sat down on the grass.

I was in the cemetery. Three tombstones were in front of me.

I had laid one bouquet each.

"Hey Mom, Dad, Dave." I smiled at the stones.

Jannish Kalliope Bolde
September 6,1975- October 4, 2006
Loving Daughter, Sister, and Mother

"I-uh, I'm eighteen now, yay!" I said enthusiastically.

I glared at my hands.

Harrison Cheque Bolde
January 26, 1974- October 4, 2006
Loving Son, Brother, and Father

"I'm sorry that I had to run off that day. I-If I knew this would happen, I would have stayed with you all." Tears started to form around my eyes.

"Oh, frick, look what happened." I chuckled, sad.

David Hesrélides Bolde
February 15, 1995-October 4, 2006
Loving Son and Brother

Tears streamed down my face, "I wish you didn't have to go so early. I-I wish y-you didn't have to die."

"But, I guess I can't go back to the past and save you." I cried.

After pouring my heart out to them, I wiped my tears with some Kleenex and smiled sadly.

"I love you guys so much." I pressed a kiss to my fingertips and laid it to each tombstone.

I got on my motorcycle and drove.

-
"Sun?" I heard someone enter my room.

I should get a better lock.

I pretended to be asleep.

"I know you're awake, babe." Grey sat beside me.

I huffed and sat up.

"What are you doing here?" My voice cracked.

Grey looked at me with his hazel green eyes, "I came to check on you."

Grey and I were great friends. He was always there for me. He was like another Cyrus, except for the fact that he was so touchy. I was okay with it though. He was an alright person. He supported his brother when Gavin said he liked me, even though at that time he liked me also. I'm not going to lie, out of the two, if I were to choose, I'd go for Grey.

Why? Because he was like my other half. And that's what makes him pass my standards.

I sighed, "I'm fine. There's no need to check on me."

He hugged me from behind. I felt nothing. No weird feeling in my stomach. Nada.

But why not?

"I know you're not. Do you want to talk about it?"

"I- no. Not today." I sighed, laying down once more.

"Alright." He kissed my forehead.

"I can wait. Just remember that I'm always here."

And with that, he left the room.

I sighed, I need coffee.

I went over to the intercom connected to the kitchen.

"Mrs. Yama? Can you please have Nicholas give me coffee? Black please."

I heard a faint yes and I sat down on my bed. I was back in my tank top and sweatpants outfit.

I pulled out my phone and began looking through the pdf Josh sent me days ago. Some things just aren't adding up. To be quite honest, I'm confused.

I heard a knock on the door.

It must be Nicholas.

I opened the door and was surprised with who I saw.

"Daniel?"

He was wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. He wore bunny slippers.

He was carrying a tray that held the coffee kettle, two mugs, creamer, sugar, and flavorings.

I specifically told Mrs. Yama I only wanted black coffee. She's spoiling me too much. Ugh.

"Um- May I come in?" I opened the door wider and he stepped in.

"Mrs. Yama told me to give you this. Nick is fixing things up in the game room for us." He said, putting the tray on my bedside table.

I nodded, "Thanks."

I sat down on my bed and began pouring myself a cup of coffee. I liked it plain, no sugar and creamer.

"Want some?" I asked Daniel.

To be honest, I found Daniel quite good looking. He, like the others had this aura that made them really likeable. His blue eyes were like sapphires when they were blazing with happiness. But like the deepest parts of the ocean when sad. I found his two big front teeth quite adorable. Especially the little gap in between. Just plain cute. There's no denying that I found him attractive.

He nodded, "Sure."

I poured him a cup also. And he started to put in creamer, sugar, and some spices.

I cocked my head to the side in wonder as I saw him work.

"You know how to make pumpkin spice latte?"

He chuckled, his sapphire blue eyes meeting mine, "Yeah."

I hummed in response as I took a sip of my black coffee.

He took a seat beside me on my bed and took sips of his coffee as well.

"Happy Birthday by the way. I haven't greeted you properly." He chuckled, looking at me.

I looked back at him, feeling those weird feelings when I was with Corbyn and Jonah inside my stomach once again.

I think it's the Chipotle.

"Thanks." I smiled at him.

He smiled back.

We sat and drank our coffees in silence. It was a really comfortable silence.

He drank his coffee peacefully. And I wouldn't lie, his coffee smelt good, but I wasn't in the mood for pumpkin spice latte.

He broke the silence with a cough, I looked at him.

He cleared his throat.

"So, um, I don't know how to say this," He put the mug down on the bedside table and rubbed his hands together, not looking at me.

"I know we've only known you for about a week. But, I- uh, I-"

Suddenly the door broke down. Like literally broke down, and in fell six people: Gavin, Grey, Jonah, Corbyn, Zach, and Jack.

They all had the same sheepish yet ticked off expressions on their faces.

Why?

Corbyn looked as though he just got caught eating gelatin yet he doesn't look any sorry for it.

Suddenly, Jonah stood up and dusted himself off.

"Oh, we just came to tell you that dinner's ready."

He then left, the others following close behind.