CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Agent Sun

"What?" The brunette boy asked, still perplexed as to why I was inside their household.

He looked good. His dark brown eyes complimented his rather pale to tan skin and his brown locks. A pair of eyeglasses were perched on the top of his nose bridge.

I stared at him.

He stared back.

And in a flash, I swung myself outside the nearest window and jumped.

"Hey!"

I ran towards my motorcycle and drove off.

"You're dead meat Josh."

-

I arrived at the house with a scowl.

I threw my helmet at Nick who was by the door.

He caught it.

"I'll whip up some coffee for you." He smiled.

I sighed and nodded.

I stormed inside the living room and found Gavin, Harry, and Jasper playing a game on the telly with the Why Don't We boys. The other two were agents at ATC as well.

Somehow, the mere presence of Josh's partner made me livid. I couldn't wait until I got to Josh so I let my anger take over.

Everyone turned their heads to me.

Corbyn greeted me, "Hey Sun-"

"Gavin." I spoke with venom.

The laughter they once shared was replaced by silence. Everyone looked at Gavin who looked as if he was going to pre himself.

Nick excused himself and gave me my cup of coffee.

He gulped as Harry pushed him forwards, "Y-yes?"

I spoke no more.

"Tell your goddamn partner I'm coming for him," I paused, hearing static from my earpiece, "I know you can hear me, Park. I'll have your head on a platter."

With that, I took out the earpiece and crushed it with my right hand and dropped it, going upstairs to my room.

I ran inside and put my head in my hands.

This is what I fucking get for relying on other people. I swear to Go-

I heard a knock on my door.

My eyebrows rose, who could it be?

I made my way to the door and started to open it.

It better not be Josh or else I'm going to-

"Zach?"

The pale brunette boy gave me a cheeky grin, "Hey you didn't call me Mr. Herron anymore."

I rolled my eyes, "I apologize for my mistake, Mr. Herron."

He chuckled, "Oh no, it's alright. Just call me Zach, Mr. Herron makes me sound like a dad of two."

This made me chuckle as well.

He looked behind me, "May I come in?"

I looked at the boy and inwardly sighed, "Sure."

I went to my computer and scrolled through the security cameras while Zach entertained himself with the things in my room.

My room was average. The last time I had this decorated was three years ago.

The walls were a cream color, accentuated by brown linings on all the correct places.

A queen sized bed with white sheets and multiple pillows lay in the middle of the room, with lampshades on both sides.

I sat on the black chair my study table that held the computer had. Gavin, Harry, and Jasper must have gotten the idea that I wanted no one to bother me with the mistake Josh had just committed. They left.

I asked him if the coast was clear. He said it was. There was something fishy going on here.

If I hadn't worn my mask or acted upon my instincts, the situation would have been different. I would probably be in jail because the so called Jake Paul is so much of a wuss to beat the shit out of me.

I'm taking my anger out on the wrong people. Fuck.

I saw that Jonah and Daniel were having a light conversation in the living room. Corbyn was in his and Jonah's room, and Jack was in his' and Daniel's room. Zach was the only one sleeping alone in a room. How sad.

"Woah, is this you?" I was snapped back to reality when Zach's voice cut through the silence like a knife.

He was holding a small portrait picture frame that had a child photo of me in it.

I walked over to where he was.

I looked at the photo and smiled lightly. I looked so innocent.

So human.

"Yeah."

He looked at me, awaiting an explanation as to when that was taken.

I sighed.

"That photo was taken twelve years back. It was my 6th birthday." I kept it vague.

I looked so different in the photo from years ago. I still had my black hair there, way before I got it permanently bleached.

It was a day after I lost everything, the day I met Cyrus' father, Mr. Andrew Milan, and got sent into training.

It was also the day I celebrated my very first birthday on the fourth of October, alone.

Cyrus was the one who took that photo.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and faked a smile.

"So what brings you here?" I asked, changing the subject, looking at the cute boy.

Zach reddened at my question and started scratching the back of his neck.

"Well, since you- uh, didn't eat, I brought you this." I looked at the paper bag I failed to notice when he walked in.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Oh, It's Chipotle. I just figured that you needed at least a little bit of food in your system since you haven't eaten since you started guarding us." He coughed.

"How'd you- how did you know?"
No one ever noticed.

I didn't have to eat. I was very, very immune to hunger.

Food isn't needed by my chemical compo-

"I'm very observant." He shrugged with a smile.

He then gave me the paper bag.

"So, here. Um, please eat, Sun."

I'm a sucker for the word please.

I smiled at the boy's gesture, "Alright. I will. I appreciate it, Zach."

Zach smiled back, blushed, and cleared his throat.

"Uh, well. I gotta go now. Enjoy!" He made his way outside my room in a hurry, stumbling a couple of times, to which we both just laughed at.

I waved behind the closed door.

"Thank you."

-
Vote, Comment, Share, Follow!