2 | Rewrite the.. Gunshot?!

Sun

THE noise was too much. The sound system was all over the place. Echoing through the walls of the stadium were voices of the same band that had changed me. And is changing the whole world as we speak.

I sat on the chair provided. The screams of the teenage fangirls made me want to gauge my eyes out and rip my ears apart. They made my eardrums want to explode.

Chickee noticed my discomfort. "Hey, you alright?"

She looked at me with eyes full of concern.

"No." I scowled, and she just laughed it off.

Of course this whole thing was alright for her. She has been asked for about hundreds of autographs, and photographs which I had to take- for the past hour. Plus, she's been hanging out with the boys all the time. Me, on the other hand, am totally hating it here.

She had two VIP tickets- how she got them? I do not know. She even got us backstage passes, but I declined the offer of seeing them- and them seeing me. Watching from about 10 nmeters away was okay. They won't recognize me anyway.

I just want to see them again. Make sure they're alright.

"Hey, have I told you that you look really good tonight?" Chickee shouted over the noise.

I rolled my eyes at her and said, "Yes, Chic. Multiple times already."

She just grinned.

My clothes weren't simple, and they weren't extravagant either.

I wore a tight fitting white crop top, a pair of white high waist jeans, and white Louboutin's. Been a while since I wore something like this. Been two months.

My black hair was up in a high ponytail, and my green contacts were in. I looked different. Very different.

Soon enough, the concert started.

The fangirls were soon calm and just singing together with the boys on stage.

They all looked the same. Nothing seemed wrong with them. I glanced at each one.

Jack.

Zach.

Daniel.

Corbyn.

and Jonah.

They looked happy, jumping up and down the stage and singing their hearts out. They're living their dreams. I wonder why they ever gave me a chance. Their lives were hectic enough, just being civil with me would have been alright.

"Here's our last song for the set." I heard Zach say, he paused then continued. "To those who don't know, it's our friend's death monthsary today. January 4. She died on November 4, 2018 and--"

"-this is for her." Daniel continued for Zach when the boy was about to break down into tears.

Chickee looked at me with pleading eyes. The guilt was eating me alive. Okay, not the time for puns.

"It's not one of our songs, but we hope you like it." Jonah continued, looking just as sad as his band mates.

Suddenly, Chickee stood up and called out to one of the guards. She gave them a signal, and I stood there confused.

The guard ran to her with a microphone. My eyebrows were furrowed.

She tapped on the mic, "Isn't this song a duet?"

The stadium became quiet. You could here a pin drop in here.

Everyone, including the boys and I looked at her in curiosity.