(6) Why Don't We

Why Don't We

The brown haired boy with ocean blue eyes contemplated whether or not he should knock on the door or not. He couldn't sleep the whole night. He was completely restless, and he knew that his other bandmates were too, Corbyn the most. His blonde bandmate has been the fronliner to all these death threats, and it was obvious from the dark bags under his eyes and the empty look on his face that the worry was getting to him.

Daniel had seen how much this situation distressed his bandmates, and he wanted to do something about it. Corbyn hasn't shown the best attitude to their bodyguard, which may make thibgs worse for them. However, the blonde would rather be caught dead than to apologize and be nice. So, Daniel decided to take matters upon his own hands and talk to the pretty bodyguard that scared him to death.

He was about to knock when he heard the bodyguard groan in frustration.

"Fuck, what do I do?"

Wanting to know why she was so frustrated, Daniel did what he had to do. He knocked on the door with a nervous breath.

The door opened, and before Daniel could blink, he was on a cjokehold, and he could feel a knife pressing onto his neck.

His eyes nearly popped out of their sockets in fear as he looked at the girl with grey eyes, "A-agent S-sun." He managed to stutter out.

Sun's eyes widened in realization, "Goodness! Mr. Seavey?"

She removed the knife and then released the boy.

Daniel's blue eyes were a mix of emotions. Aside from the fact that there were obvious dark circles under them, they held a mixture of emotions- fear being the most obvious one.

"U-um. I actually went here to talk, Agent Sun." Daniel recovered from what happened and spoke up, scratching the back of his head. He was begging to know what had caused Sun to groan in frustration earlier, but he knew better than to meddle with a high ranked agent's business.

Sun nodded at him and motioned for him to come inside.

Daniel did as told, but snuck a look at the girl. She was wearing a white tank top and a pair of black shorts, while her hair was up in a neat bun.

She and Daniel made their way to the sofa and they both sat down.

"What is it that you want to talk about?"

Daniel sighed sadly, looking at the ground. "It's about Corbyn." He mumbled, then looked up at the girl.

Sun's eyebrows shot up at the mention of the indifferent boy who seems to have it out for her. "What about him?"

Daniel breathed out a huge sigh and began to fiddle with his fingers, momentarily distractung Sun with the way he fidgeted.

"He's been the one taking all these death threats badly. I understand that it may appear as if he doesn't care at all, but it's just because he doesn't want anyone new in our circle. He fears that the new people might get threats too and--," He was on the verge of crying, "--and he just feels as though he can't do anything about it. We can't do anything about it."

Daniel had tears coming out of his eyes.

It seemed as though Sun didn't know how to comfort people ad she just looked at Daniel weirdly, not knowing what to do.

"It's alright. I understand." Sun said, meeting Daniel's beautiful blue eyes.

"I'll do everything in my power to stop these people threatening you." She gave the boy a tight smile.

"But if you want, I can torture them and gas out their lungs while they scream bloody murder." She joked, trying to make the boy laugh but he just looked petrified.

Sun couldn't help but feel disgusted by the fact that some people liked to mess with others for their own benefit.

But was there a reason for these threats? A story I should know of?

"Thank you so much, Agent Sun." Daniel gave her a tear filled smile after the silence that ensued between the two of them because of Sun's dark humor.

Sun gave him a genuine smile, "Please, just call me Sun."

-

It was 4 in the morning, Sun decided to go for a run. After her heart to heart talk with Daniel last night, she wanted to clear her head. She had gotten a cryptic message earlier, before Daniel came knocking on her door and it was from an unknown number.

From Unknown: The sun can't save the planets.

She wanted a clear head, as the message has been haunting her for the pastfew hours. Grabbing her iPod and earphones, she locked her hotel room and stepped out in her black sports bra and spandex.

She ran outside the hotel, to the beach, around the park, and then she made her way back.

As she made her way back to the hotel, she sensed that something was off.

What is it?

Sun was starting to get paranoid. She ran up the stairs, refusing to take the elevators. Then she smelled it.

Smoke.

Quickly, she ran to the fire alarm and then hit it with her bare hands, breaking the glass, and letting the debris seep into her skin.

She ignored the pain and ran to the boys' room in asrush. wabting to see if they were already burnt to crisp or not.

The door was locked. No shit, the security these boys had was strict.

She kicked it open, the door tumbled down in a heap of broken wood, finding the boys fast asleep. She growled in anger. These boys were clueless and just too innocent.

Sun took out a M19 pistol out of her bra pockets and shot two bullets at the bathroom door, successfully waking everybody up.

The fire was now reaching the second floor- the floor they were in.

"There's a fucking fire! Grab what you can and get the hell out of here!"

Her left arm and hand were bleeding so much because of what she had done to break the fire alarm. The boys scampered up, grabbed what they can, but stayed still.

"What are you waiting for?" Sun asked in panic.

The smoke was now filling the room slowly, and it was getting harder to breathe.

"What about you, Sun?" Daniel asked, his tone panicked while he saw the agent's bleeding arm.

The boys looked at them, shocked at the exchange.

First name basis? Zach mouthed to Jack.

Jack shrugged with wide eyes. People were running for their lives, but these boys weren't the least worried about themselves.

"I'll be alright, Daniel." She spoke calmly, and then she banged on the door, "Now run."

"But-"

She cut Daniel off with a scowl. "No buts, Daniel. Get out."

The boys ran outside the door, but before he left, the platinum dirty blonde haired boy stopped and turned around, laptop bag clutched to his chest.

His panicked sea green eyes met her grey ones.

"Please be safe."

Then he left.

-
If you wish to read more of this story and my other books, kindly show your support by voting, commenting your thoughts, sharing this book and by following me!

Be part of the #PITAfamily!

Happy reading! :)