27 | Mission

THE COLD BREEZE sent chills down my spine as I zoomed on my motorcycle at two in the morning. The fresh morning dew gave me a cold welcome, and the moon shone perfectly above me.

I continued revving on the engine with focus. Another day, another mission.

"Could you go any faster?!" Chickee screamed, her shriek filled with sarcasm as she hugged me from behind, reminding me of her presence.

I'm on an undercover mission with Chickee. We were about to raid a strip club in downtown Los Angeles.

I may be the boss of the company, but I still love going on adventures and deferring bad guys. Even if it's at 2 in the morning. It's kind of my thing. No sleep, remember? After all, justice never sleeps.

"Oh I can." I smirked, revving on the engine more, making us go faster.

Chickee screamed for her life.

"FUCK YOU, ASTI!"

I guffawed, "You love me!"

-

"Got the earpiece?" I heard the brunette girl whisper from beside me.

I gave her a curt nod. I turned towards her and her bright red lips formed into a smile.

"I'm so excited." She quietly squealed.

I rolled my eyes at the girl's giddiness. "First time I've heard somebody excited to die."

She shushed me, "We're not gonna die."

I giggled, "If you say so."

We were now at the front of the line to the strip club. The buff guard in a tight white shirt and tattered pants looked Chickee and I up and down in a maniacally disgusting manner. I had to keep myself from vomiting.

I'm not gonna lie. Both Chickee and I dressed up for this mission. She did both her and I's makeup so that we would both blend in the environment.

She wore a knee length pink tube dress with some nude high heeled stilletos, while I was in a pink fitted top and a pink matching skirt, paired with thigh high high-heeled boots.

We did a good job at blending in, don't you think?

"ID's?" He asked, his dark brown eyes meeting mine.

I had to hold back a shudder. "Here." I handed in my fake ID, and Chickee did the same.

He looked at them and gave us a smirk, "Have a great time, gorgeous girls."

He let us through.

The loud music boomed through the speakers of the club. My heart was pounding along to the heavy hip-hop beats and my ears were ringing from the noise. Good thing Chickee and I had earpieces, otherwise we wouldn't be able to hear one another.

I tugged Chickee towards me, "Thanks for taking time off work to be here with me on this mission." I spoke into the earpiece.

I saw her smile, "Are you kidding? I missed hanging out with you!"

The two of us grinned giddily at each other. Showtime.

She and I separated and walked to different places in the club.

I took the right wing, and she took the left wing.

This mission was an easy one. Find the boss of this club and kill them with no mercy. Why? The strippers here are young girls they kidnapped from several places in America. They've been held captive and are working at this strip club against their own will.

Most of the women here have been working for several years already, and this is the only chance we have to retrieve them.

Why? Because tonight, the club will be having their annual Sparklers Night Party. It's a gathering they have been having every single year to celebrate their opening anniversary. Meaning, the people would be busy.