CHAPTER TEN

Agent Sun

The boys got up and picked up each of their luggages and followed me. We made our way down to the lobby and outside the hospital.

The nurse didn't need to ask for any more personal information. When I asked clean up to get the body, they also told the hospital's management about the case, and not so surprisingly, they let me off.

Once the boys and I got outside, I took in a whiff of fresh air.

Ah, nothing like the polluted air of California.

I dragged my luggage over to where I saw the familiar black motorcycle and Aston Martin.

"Hey Gavin." I nodded at the driver who brought my car.

Gavin Dmitri Carlson is a nineteen year old secret agent in ATC. He wasn't bad looking either. He's got sky blue eyes, pink plump lips, and that defined jawline that all guys seem to have. If it weren't for the fact that I was tied down to my job, I would have dated him a long time ago.

Also, did I mention that this guy likes me?

No?

Alright. Well, he does.

There is an annual celebration ball ATC holds every December. During the ball last year, he asked me to be his date. I politely declined, saying that I had a job.

I really did. But he said that everyone was given a day off for the ball. Even so, I still rejected him, saying that I didn't need a day off and left him dateless.

Needless to say, my job should always come first.

"Hi Sun." He smiled at me, his dimples showing.

"Here are the keys, I'll just go walk back to HQ." He turned around after throwing me the keys.

"Wait a second. You can ride with them. They need a driver." I pointed towards the boys behind me.

He nodded then proceeded to the car.

"Shall we?"

-

After about ten minutes of driving, we finally made it to my house. Or my late parents' house for that matter.

You see I didn't always live in New York. Truth is, I was born and raised in California. I just left this place to move on after the incident 12 years ago.

We pulled up to the tall black gates and I removed my helmet.

"Hey George! Open the gates for me, will ya?"

The black attired bodyguard nodded and gave me a smile.

"Nice to see you again, Madam!"

I drove off.

"You too!"

The boys were close behind me, as the wheels of my motorcycle skidded to a stop, so did the car's.

Once they all got out, they stared, in awe of the house.

I stood in front of them, arms crossed, eyes 500 miles away.

I cleared my throat to catch their attention.

Their eyes snapped to me.

"I decided to take you all here because it's for the best. The hotel we were in got burnt by your stalker, and I'm also one of the targets. So I suggest that you all just live here because its secluded, and so I could watch over you easily with a 24-hour surveillance even when I am not around. Do I make myself clear?"

The boys nodded in unison.

I saw Nick, the butler of the manor and called him over.

"Yes Miss?"

"Kindly escort these lads inside and into their rooms while I have a word with Gavin."

He nodded and turned to the boys, "Follow me."

As they made their way to the mansion, I sighed.

"Tough love?" Gavin's voiced echoed through my ears.

I looked at him confusedly, "What?"

He sighed and looked at the setting sun, "Nothing. Nothing at all."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "If you say so, Carlson. I need you to find some stuff for me by the way."

He nodded, "Yeah, alright."

"I'll just send you the details later, your ride's here." I said as I spotted Gavin's partner in every mission, Josh Park- the half American and half Korean secret agent slash techie- waiting outside the gates.

He shook his head with a chuckle when Josh honked his car horn five times.

"Okay, I'll see you next time, Sun." He ran towards his partner.

I nodded, "Till then."

-

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow! ❤