17 | Traitor

THERE ARE times that I could not hold back on my emotions or my aggressiveness, especially when I don't have serum injected in my veins. Throughout the years that I have been infused by the concoction, I found it necessary to learn. Learn how actual fighting works. We all know that strength can be medically improved, but skills can't. I had to work my way up to the top too. What do you think I am? A robot?

Haha. Yeah, kinda.

But that's besides the point.

I'm human.

I feel. I hurt.

Not as much as others, though.

Right now, everything hurt.

My heart, my brain, my whole body.

It hurt.

The others have been gone long enough, I thought I'd finally decide to get them back.

Thus, my current situation.

"I thought we were friends, Chickee."

Her right arm glowed.

Funny, I knew that the only things that glowed were --

"Friends are for idiots." She growled, kicking my glock out of my hand.

Oh no.

The glock flew out of my grip and was about two meters to my left. Due to the force of her kick, I was also sent flying to the ground, my head hitting the pavement as I did.

Her grip on her gun was strong.

Way too strong for Chickee.

Even I knew that.

Something is up with her, and I knew exactly what it is.

"Do I really mean nothing to you?" I pleaded, on my knees as bruises started to appear on my skin.

I begun inching towards my left while I caught her off guard with my question.

The serum was wearing off, and I knew that it was only a matter of time before I would collapse due to my lack of sleep, food, and.. well, sleep.

"N-no." She started to stutter, but collected herself. "Why would you matter to me, you pesky little piece of--"

I swept the glock with my left leg and sent the last shot flying to the upper part of her right arm.

Bang.

I approached my now unconscious ex-best friend and held her to my lap.

"Chic, what have they done to you?"

I stood up and spoke into the earpiece I had on.

"Four, get inside. There's someone I need to take back to America."

I heard a faint "Okay." on the other end.

Today was the day I got the boys back.

I had finally solved the puzzle. Fortunately for me I had Four by my side.

Yes, I did need the stupid mafia leader's help.

His techies did most of the work though, since my elements and the ATC's are both from the same database, they could recognize and track me.

Therefore, I conclude, that the handsome tech guy of Four, named William, did help me solve the puzzle.

One part of the puzzle was that the boys were not with the prime suspect. If they were, they would have been tracked down easily because the suspect was residing sixteen kilometers away from my current apartment, which really isn't that far away if you ask me.