1 | Who's S?

Sun

"Order for table 3 and 4!" I shouted to the two waitresses just standing along the sidelines.

God, this job was harder than I had thought.

They quickly scampered to work and I smiled smugly to myself.

If you're here to work, work. Don't gossip about the latest artists or whatever. Life is hard. I learned that in the hardest way possible.

"Take a chill pill, S. I can see the stress lines forming on your forehead. Not good." My boss, Carrie said as she stepped out from her office and into the barista counter.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever you say, Rhi."

Carrie is my 24 year old boss. At the age of 19 she put up this coffee shop in hopes that it will bring people together. She is one sappy girl. She said that she used to read books about how people would meet in coffee shops and then make out and then get married. Firstly, ew. Secondly, that never happened to me so how would I know?

She wanted to see people fall in love in this shop. But to her demise, all she sees are a bunch of teenagers talking, reading, none of the mushy stuff she had been dreaming of. Poor Carrie.

The door chimed, signalling the arrival of a new customer, and I got back to work.

She glanced at the door and I saw her smile.

"Why don't you get his order? I'll handle it here."

I wiped my hands on my apron and gave her a questioning glance.

"Okay?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Shoo! Go!"

I ignored her behavior and tied my black hair up in a high ponytail. I checked my appearance in the mirror beside the counter and saw that my make up wasn't smudged.

Eh, good enough.

I walked over to table five and took out my notepad and my pen.

"What can I get you today?" My voice came out naturally. I'm used to being a waitress. It's been almost two months since I've worked here.

"Uh- just a cappuccino please. Oh and four iced coffees for take out."

Upon hearing his voice, my heart skipped a beat. It can't be.

When I looked up from the notepad, his eyes and mine met.

He looked exactly the same. Exactly how I remembered him as. His pink plump lips, his semi tan skin, and those gleaming eyes- those beautiful b-

"You look- you--" He stopped himself and gasped.

My heart rate paced up and my grey eyes widened at his reaction.

He recognized me.

I forgot to wear my fucking contacts!

I turned around and made a run for it. I threw my notepad to a very confused Carrie and went to the office behind the barista counter.

Why was he even here? Don't they live in Los Angeles?

Last time I heard, they lived there.

How can he possibly be in Chicago? Wait- four iced coffees.

How can they be in Chicago?

I shut the office door behind me.

I started panicking. My breathing became ragged. I desperately tried to calm myself down.

I looked at the cold silver bracelet chained to my wrist and smiled at the two charms. The sight instantly calmed me.

It was a calm two minutes- before there was a knock on the office door that I had locked prior to my semi-mental breakdown.

I stayed still.

What if its him?

I have to admit, most of the time, I'm such a coward. That is a fact that I haven't admitted to anyone else except myself. Sometimes, I'm just scared of facing my fears. This time, my fear is him.

Suddenly, the door barged open.

My heart rate quickened and I desperately tried to hide my face with my brown barista apron.

I then heard a sigh that made me calm down.

"Oh, darling. That guy-"

I cut her off, "Yes, Rhi. He's one of them."

She sighed again, giving me a hug. "Sometimes, we have to let go of all our inhibitions, darl. And face our fears."

I sighed, "I know, Rhi. But I- I lied to them."

"It was for your own good, and theirs as well. They'll understand. Now, why don't you take the rest of the day off, yeah?"

"But-"

"Come on, S. I'm not a 67 year old woman. Hello? Freshly turned 24!" She laughed.

I did too.

"Okay, fine. But if you need anything--"

She waved me off, "I'll call you and yada, yada."

I rolled my eyes and laughed at her.

I removed my apron and grabbed my things. I made my way to the parking area and spotted my motorbike.

I hopped on and made my way to my apartment.

-

"Chic, I don't know anymore. I saw him and I-I --" She cut me off with a sigh.

"You know what you should do right?"

"Yeah."

"Then do it. Listen, they have a concert in Chicago later tonight, and I'm flying over so I'd be there for you, alright?"

I sighed, knowing she was right. I can't stay away for so long. "I'm just going to watch. No funny business, alright."

"Alright, fine. Just watch, no talking to them, no kissing my ex boyfriend okay?"

I laughed then rolled my eyes, "Whatever Chickee."

"Ciao babe!" I ended the call.

Looks like I'll be seeing them tonight.

But they're not seeing me.