CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

"Alright boys, listen up! I want no yapping, no napping, and most of all, no weaklings! Am I understood?!"

"Yes Ma'am!" They chorused.

Grey and Gavin gave me a wonderful idea earlier today.

"I think we should train them." Gavin suggested, helping Mrs. Yama with the breakfast table.

Grey clicked his tongue in response,"I think so too. We won't always be here you know?"

I sighed, he was right. They were only here because they had no missions, still. But it won't be long until Cy assigns them to one, and I'll be babysitting these boys alone.

"Alright then. We start today, before the interview."

The five boys stood in a horizontal line in front of Gavin, Grey, Josh, and I.

We were now in the gym- inside the basement.

"Grey is good with hand in hand combat. Gavin is good with weapons. Josh is great at tech. And, well, I'm sort of good at everything."

Grey snorted, "Sort of?"

I rolled my eyes at him and nudged him with my shoulders, "Piss off, Carlson."

His twin cleared his throat.

"So, we'll be handling one each. Sun will be handling two." Gavin spoke, his voice intimidating the boy band.

They nodded.

"Herron, you're mine." Gavin said.

Zach puffed his cheeks and went over beside him, they made their way to the shooting range at the back of the gym.

Josh came up next, "Who's good with Tech?"

The boys looked at each other and Jack raised his hand.

"Come with me." Josh led him to an area allotted for technology and research.

Grey leaned into me and whispered, "Who do you want to train?"

I looked at the three boys in front of us then shrugged.

Grey sighed, "Alright. I'll take Daniel."

Grey led him to the boxing ring.

The blue eyed boy gave me a lingering glance that made me question myself.

What was that all about?

"Guess it's just you and me again, Sun." I heard him chuckle.

I rolled my eyes, looking at him.

"We have Corbyn with us now, Jo."

The mentioned boy stood there with a blank look on his face, arms crossed in front of him.

Jonah glanced at Corbyn and gave himself a triumphant smirk.

I raised my eyebrows at this but didn't question it any further.

I took the metal contraption from the waistband of my leggings.

"Alright, here's a gun. Shoot me."

-

"The safety's on, idiot!" Corbyn growled.

It's been approximately six hours. Basically, we started at nine o' clock in the morning. It's now three in the afternoon.

Gavin managed to teach Zach how to fire a gun, which is nice. That little boy could use that little bit of knowledge. His aim is quite accurate already. I'd have to congratulate Gavin later for such great work.