Legal Terms

TAKE TIME TO READ

Copyright 2020 © Ibiza Shekinah

Under the Philippine Law :

A copyright is the legal protection extended to the owner of the rights in an original work. Original work refers to every production in the literary, scientific, and artistic domains. The Intellectual Property Office (IPOPHL) is the leading agency responsible for handling the registration and conflict resolution of intellectual property rights and to enforce the copyright laws. IPOPHL was created by virtue of Republic Act No. 8293 or the Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines which took effect on January 1, 1998, under the presidency of Fidel V. Ramos.

In the Intellectual Property (IP) Code of the Philippines, literary and artistic works include books, writings, musical works, films, paintings, and other works including computer programs.

Works are created on the sole fact of their very creation - regardless of their mode or form of expression as well as their content, the quality of said content, and purpose.

Copyright Owner's Rights :

The copyright owner can file a criminal, civil or administrative action for copyright infringement.

Under Philippine law, copyright infringement is punishable by the following :

Imprisonment of between 1 to 3 years and a fine of between 50,000 to 150,000 pesos for the first offense.

Imprisonment of 3 years and 1 day to six years plus a fine of between 150,000 to 500,000 pesos for the second offense.

Imprisonment of 6 years and 1 day to 9 years plus a fine ranging from 500,000 to 1,500,000 pesos for the third and subsequent offenses.

The offending party may also be ordered to pay civil damages.
Injunction and destruction of the infringing goods or products can also be obtained, as well as seizure and impounding of any article which may serve as evidence in the court proceedings.

~

With that said, I hope you understand my rights as an Author, and an Artist, singer-songwriter. My work includes EVERYTHING I wrote, sang, made. My work is my work. Any reproduction, any copies, anything remotely resembling to my work is illegal, under the Copyright Law.

I said it once, twice, and a thousand times, but I will say it again.

DO NOT COPY MY WORK. I WILL SUE.

Thank you, and happy reading.