10 | New Recruit

Asti

I STARED at Corbyn, he stared back at me.

He had just told me how the boys and their two bodyguards had suddenly dissappeared.

I knew they were no better than me.

Motherf--

Okay enough ego-feeding.

Dark grey mist that made him droopy and the others get knocked out?

There was only one person I knew that was capable of making such concoction.

But it can't be--

I found myself at a loss for words.

How could that happen when—

"Please. We need you to come back. I'm all alone now. Cyrus ended the contract already." He cut me from my reverie.

He looked at me pleading hazel brown eyes that almost made me crack.

I looked down, no.

"I'm no longer a secret agent."

I am just a lab experiment gone wrong. A tool the government decided to let go of. I can't engagr in such animosity anymore. Animosity that made me human. Its just.. not me anymore.

Corbyn's eyebrows furrowed, "But Cyrus said you just left the case—"

"No. He fired me." I cut him off.

Why the hell would Mr. Milan lie? As far as I knew him, he did not have the guts to lie to anyone. He's such a kind person- why?

"He fired you? But why?"

I chuckled darkly, looking at his concerned expression.

That's not real.

None of this is.

"Because of this." I said, looking at the silver bracelet that dangled from my wrist.

I saw him glance down and see the present he had given me.

"Rule number 2, under Article 18; Section 2000." I spoke blandly.

It was just the same as bfore. Except for the fact that there were two charms now. The sun and the white rose.

This charm bracelet reminded me of the good days. The ones where I was happy. Where I was sad. Where I felt pain.

Where I was human.

It also reminded me of my favorite tooth-gapped smile, tomato colored cheeks, my noodle head, the cute responsible father, and this jerkass in front of me.

And to think I thought we could actually be friends.

He may be an ass, but he did have a point when he hated me before.

If I hadn't come into their life, them maybe he and Agent Harris would still be together. If it werent for my meddling and human urges.

I miss the boys.

Wait no.

I should't miss them.

I looked up.

"Where did you--"

"Doesnt matter." I growled, making him flinch.

I gave Corbyn a blank stare and stood up from my previous position.

I thought about what Corbyn had been saying about asking for my help and finally made a decision.

I raised an eyebrow at him, my lips penciled in a frown.