BONUS CHAPTER // chapter one

Corbyn Besson

I was running late. Jonah had already called me multiple times, demanding to know where I was, but as per usual, I'm not at the location where I'm supposed to be at.

I ignored the vibration of the iPhone that was in my back pocket and gave the cashier a smile as she handed me the coffee I had bought.

"1.99, Sir." She smiled at me.

I gave her three dollars, and told her to keep the change as I walked out of the coffee shop.

Tyler made us fly out to New York yesterday morning. But I've been missing in action ever since we stepped foot in the Big Apple. Neither he nor the boys have seen me for the past twenty four hours, and according to his texts, its setting him off the edge.

I began speed walking opposite the building that Tyler texted me the address of. It was straight ahead, about seventy more long steps, and I'll be there. But I chose not to go. He had arranged a meeting for a new bodyguard, and that set me off the edge. I don't want any more people to get involved with the problem that we've been sucked into.

Months ago, I started receiving death threats. All of them were directed to me, none to the boys., But when I refused to give them what they want- my freedom- they started involving the boys, and that's when shit had started. Tyler became aware of the fact that I was being stalked and threatened, so he turned to the authorities, instead of our regular bodyguards. The police refused to handle the case and recommended the FBI. The FBI recommended CIA. And CIA recommended a weirdly named agency. Assassins: The Company. They said that these people were the best of the best, but I couldn't help but doubt it. They could be great and all, but their lives are going to be put at risk and I cant have that.

I was pulled out of my thoughts wen I felt my body collide with someone else's. My coffee had spilled all over the person.

Oh no.

The girl I spilled coffee on glared at the fresh coffee that stained her white v neck shirt and the liquid was now cascading down to her white jeans.

That's gonna be hard to wash. Okay, not the time for jokes Corbyn.

She growled loudly and looked at me. At this point, I wasn't even afraid of the consequences that's to come when Tyler finds me absent to this meeting. This girl looks like she's ready to kill me.

However, even with the angry sneer, she was absolutely stunning. She had platinum blonde hair that it was almost white, blinding gray eyes, a pointed button nose, and dark red painted lips that looked so good- good enough to kiss.

Corbyn, stop. You have a girlfriend. Right, fuck. I almost forgot about that.

She glared at my apologetic eyes and breathed out a heavy sigh.

I opened my lips to speak, "I'm so sorry, I was in a hur-"

She cut me off by grabbing my shirt collar and raising me a foot away from the ground. Fuck, this shirt is branded. I hope my shirt doesn't rip to pieces.

But damn. She's strong. She never tore her gray eyes away from my sea green ones. They held no emotion.

Was this how death looked like? Because damn, I'd be willing to die any day. Why was nobody helping me out? Isn't it unusual to see a girl basically strangling a 6-feet tall guy? What was wrong with these Big City people?

"Watch where you're going next time, turd." I heard her melodic voice speak, and if she wan't about to kill me, I would have recorded it and placed it as my ringtone.

She then dropped me back to my feet and strutted away in her white high heels- what were they called again?- leaving me with my jaw dropped, speechless.

With that look in her eyes, I thought she was going to beat me up and kill me. I saw her heading towards the building that I had refused to go to.

Looking at my empty cup of coffee, my eyes glinted with a new idea.

New idea: Go to that building.

I ran towards the building, and hoped that God would save me from that gorgeous lady's wrath- oh and the death threat person's wrath too.