woe

LMAO, good luck. 💀

Enjoy🤍!

"Sometimes love means letting go when you want to hold on tighter." – Melissa Marr
————————————————————

Chapter 83
<—————————————>

|Kimberly|

I smiled at the customer as I handed her the change. "I hope you have a good night."

She thanked me, took her change then left out of the diner. I could have leaped with joy as I turned the open sign to close. Finally. I could leave and spend the weekend with Kade.

I smiled at the thought. I'd already planned the weekend out perfectly. Dates, sex, then whatever else we came up with.

I got my cast taken off early, and my bruises and marks were beginning to fade. As generous as it was, I didn't want to live off of Kade's money. Uncle Dylan was hesitant to let me return so quickly, but I reassured him that I was ready. The nightmares had finally subsided a bit, even though the thought of one of my attackers still being free alarmed me. Natasha and Amber were out of the picture completely, but whoever Luke hired reported back with no finding of Daniel. I tried to reassure myself that he would be caught soon, but the more that days passed, the less hopeful I grew.

Celeste and Griff were in the back, cleaning. While we waited for the last customer to finish, Shay & I had cleaned the front area. They were all being a little too cautious of me now, but I thanked them nonetheless.

As soon as I was finished with the last table, I untied my apron. "Bye, guys!" I was practically buzzing with excitement as I hurried toward them. I always was when I got to go home.

Every time Kade and I were together now, some of our talks consisted of the future. Some of our tales were just for laughs, but nonetheless, I was ecstatic.

With only a couple of months left of school, we could go wherever we wanted. We could do whatever we wanted. We would be together, so it didn't matter.

I hugged Celeste and my uncle. as well as Griff and Shay before they stopped me.

Celeste held her grip around my uncles waist. "How are you feeling, baby?"

I offered a smile. "I'm fine. The healing was difficult, but I made it through."

We continued to talk until I saw Kade pull up. Shay promised that she would send some more pictures of Annabeth, who was the cutest baby. I planned to to go visit her soon.

As soon as I was outside, I rubbed my arms as the winter cold hugged my exposed skin. I could already hear Celeste scolding me so I sped up to get to Kade's car. He always parked really close, and I especially appreciated that today.

I melted into the heat, which was on full blast. I rubbed at my arms, fully convinced that if I stood out there a moment later, I would have became an icicle.

Once I felt my limbs loosening from the cold, I turned toward Kade. The very sight of him interrupted my train of thought. His upper body sported a black hoodie, his necklace barely peeking out under the material. Matching sweats covered his long legs. The realization that he wouldn't be in any of this for too long made my stomach flutter.

"It's so cold." I planted a kiss on his lips, but there was nothing in return. He was frozen against me.

My eyebrow raised at him. I noted the way his hand clenched around the gear shift, the other around the wheel.