craft

Enjoy 🤍!

"How can the dead be truly dead when they still live in the souls of those who are left behind?" – Carson McCullers
————————————————————

Chapter 72
<—————————————>

"Merry Christmas!" I jumped at the sound of Raven yelling into the phone.

The girl had a set of lungs on her, that was for sure. "Merry Christmas to you, too. Where are the twins?"

The three of them were going to spend Christmas together with the Maggie and Jax's grandmother, since Raven's mother was out of town. I did find it fucked up that her mom left her during a holiday, and it genuinely broke my heart.

I'd only found out yesterday when she called for my birthday. If I would have known before I left, I would have stayed for her. It was never okay for anyone be alone on Christmas, but after I called Maggie and Jax, we immediately compromised. Raven had woken me up by a video call, though.

She was already dressed in Christmas pajamas, a cup of hot chocolate in hand as she smiled at me. "They'll be over in a couple minutes," she answered with an excited expression that shifted to appreciation. "Thank you, Kimberly. Really."

I smiled as I turned over on my pillow. Kade was in the bathroom so I could get comfortable. We still had a couple of hours until Grandma Jacky was finished cooking. She claimed that we would only mess with her 'craft' and to stay out of her way until then. What she actually meant was that she didn't want us to see her heating up the pre-cooked food that she bought from a restaurant.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I answered nonchalantly. "I don't even know you."

She wore a knowing expression. "Right, right. Well, I just wanted to thank you for totally not being the best friend I've ever had."

With a laugh, I nodded my head. "Is Levi coming over, too?"

"He should be over sometime after noon," she responded, shuffling around on her bed. "You're not the only one getting Christmas sex." Her eyebrows suggestively danced in my direction, causing me to groan.

"You're never going to shut up about it, are you?" As soon as I told her about Kade and I's night, she joined Jax in the call immediately. The two threw so many cheers, and questions at me I couldn't keep up. Jax even popped a bottle of champagne in my honor.

She shook her head, her pretty face scrunching with laughter. "Absolutely not. In fact, what was it that he said? It had me sweating, and I wasn't even there. I'm gonna have to tell Levi to start saying it, now. Didn't he say you take his—"

Just as she started to mimic me, the door to the bathroom opened. Kade came out, black strands dripping, and a towel wrapped around his waist. I considered throwing my phone across the room as my very loud, and oblivious friend mirrored my moans.

My eyes widened to saucers as they glared down at her. "Raven!"

Her eyes snapped open as she paused mid-groan. "What? Was I getting it wrong?" Just as she finished speaking, Kade leaned down to peck my cheek.

Her eyes skipped to me, then back to him. She grinned, waving at her phone. "Hey, Kade." My skin heated under both of their gazes.

Kade acknowledged her with a nod, then looked to me with a cocky grin. He knew, of course he did.

The following idea left me throwing a grin to Raven. "You know...whenever Levi stops by, I'm going to let him in on all of your adventures," I teased, raising up from the bed. "You know, just for fun."