knees

Enjoy 🤍.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." – Eleanor Roosevelt
————————————————————

Chapter 64
<————————————-->

"No." Levis' forest green eyes glared at the stack of blocks before he blew out a sigh. "The fuck kinda impossible foolery is this shit?"

I giggled, shrugging my shoulders. "Hey, you asked to play."

He rolled his eyes, murmuring something about cheating before his concentration was back on the blocks. Mine was elsewhere.

For the millionth time today, I glanced at the large platform. There he was, with his knuckles wrapped, and punches nearly as loud as gunshots.

Kades' ribs were nearly healed all the way. I could see his movements were fluent, again, more smoother and swift than they'd been before. I was happy about that fact, but that didn't soothe the nervous feeling in my stomach.

Everyone walked on pins and needles whenever Chivo's name was mentioned. I'd never seen him face to face, nor did I plan to anytime soon, but just thinking about how far he was willing to go made my bones chill.

Not only what he would do to me. But, to Kade.

From the way Kade was hitting Luke, he looked beyond ready. Even though Luke was one of his best friends, his swings were relentless. As were his dodges and attacks. It was a ruthless, but beautiful sight.

I just hoped it'd be enough.

"Quit looking his way, he'll be fine," Levi chuckled, crossing his arms as he leaned back into his chair. "Luke would be a little too happy to sneak the fucker in the jaw."

I held my eyes on the platform a like bit longer before looking away. "I'm just..." I trailed off as I pulled a block from the Jenga stack. It all came tumbling down. "Scared."

The time was nearing three. We'd been in the cages since eight in the morning. I'd watched Kade train so much today, I was sure I could fight Chivo at this point. Levi was the one who got me through the hours, though, thankfully.

Levi watched me closely before offering a reassuring smile. "Don't be. You've seen the fucker fight. Chivo's just some pussy whose gotten a couple good knockouts in, but trust me. He's not ready for Kade."

"He has to fight six men, Levi," I groaned, glaring my frustrations into a block. "Two of those including Chivo and Angelo."

I could see the wheels turning in his head as he tried to offer positivity. But, realistically there was none. There was either winning or losing.

He threw a block at me, which thumped against my chest and fell into my lap. "I have good news."

"Mhm?"

"Four of those men are bitches," he joked. "He'll go through them like clockwork before he gets to Chivo and Angelo."

I threw a block at him, but he caught it. "How does that make me feel better?"

He grinned. "Oh... and he has a 10 minute break between each of them...how about that?"

If looks could kill, Levi would be in his grave.

"Fine, since you're so stressed. Listen..." Levi leaned in, his expression tightening with seriousness. "Luke and I have a plan."

My eyebrows shot up to my hairline. "Really? What is it?"