netflix junkie

———————————————————

I hope you like the new chapters, guys! Enjoy!🤍

"Life has got all those twists and turns. You've got to hold on tight and off you go." —Nicole Kidman

————————————————————

Chapter 21

<——————————————->

"Good morning, sweetheart," Celeste greeted me as soon as I walked in.

I smiled once I felt her plant a kiss onto my cheek. "Morning, Celeste."

"Sleep good?" Shay asked from somewhere in the kitchen. Then, she appeared next to me, immediately helping me finish my apron. 

I raised my arms so she could finish tying my if. "Yes, did you?"

She nodded, before kissing my other cheek and walking back to Griff. I smiled in awe once he wrapped two large arms around Shay's waist, hugging her to his body.

"Why are you so happy today?" Celeste asked me, a knowing grin on her face.

I shrugged it off even though she was right. I felt beyond happy from the moment I woke up. I wondered if it had anything to do with that damn guy.

I avoided the curious eyes by wiping down a counter."Can I not just be happy?"

Since I arrived at the diner early, the only people that were here were Celeste, Shay, and Griff. The other employees were scheduled to arrive later, right along with the customers.

Ryland hadn't spoken to me this morning. At first, I thought he was playing a joke, but when he began to have a full blown conversation with dad after I asked for syrup, then I knew what he was up to. He held anger at me for something I had no control over, and I tried apologizing to him, but it seemed to go through one ear then out the other. So, I was going to let him spew and turn in his anger until he realized he was being ridiculous.

"We just love to see that pretty smile of yours again," Shay said from beside me. I could hear the smile in her voice.

Griff leaned against the counter I just wiped, his fingers combing through his beard. "Mhm, let me guess! It's something related to that boy," he commented.

"Huh? What boy?" I asked with an unknowing tone. "No idea what you guys are talking about." Of course I did. I would be thinking about him all day, even after our hangout.

"Oh, you know exactly what we're talking about!" Celeste exclaimed. I had to step a few steps away to salvage my hearing.

"I have no idea. " Though, by my reddened checks, they knew that I knew. I had to get out of here.

"The guy who you will have my godchildren with!" Shay gushed.

"Your godchildren? They rightfully belong to me," Celeste argued, her brown eyebrows scrunching close to one another's in a preheated argument.

Shay's eyes grew to an intimidating size as she shook her head at Celeste. "Absolutely not. I would hate for my babies to end up in a mad woman's arms."

"Shay!" I scolded the grinning woman. These people were adamant.

"I love you too, beautiful," she said with a chuckle before kissing my hot cheek again.

I wanted to groan in frustration. They weren't helping with my tangled thoughts at all. Why were they even conversing about something that would never happen? Kade and I were just friends, if even that. Right?