postponed|part 2

Enjoy! 🤍

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing"— Walt Disney
———————————————————

Chapter 28|Part 2
<——————————————->

"It's just his friend," I whispered to myself, clutching my chest in hand.

Luke bent down to the window at eye level, rolling his blue eyes.

"Open the door," he demanded.

I shook my head, though I knew he couldn't see me. I leaned back into my seat, remembering Kade's warning.

If anyone comes near the car, don't speak, don't look, and never associate with them.

Luke obviously knew I was in here. I sat completely still in my spot, nonetheless. I finally dared myself to look his way, Buy, once I did, I knew I was staring into the eyes of the devil. Or, something very close to it.

His lips twisted. "Just open the door," he hissed. "I'm freezing my fucking balls off out here."

I squirmed in my seat, biting down on my lip. I quickly averted my gaze forward, attempting to ignore his presence.

My peripheral vision helped me in many ways, but right now, it was the only thing keeping me from turning my head. But, once I saw him lean closer, I turned to him.

One hand was on the roof of his car, eyes squinted at me. "You either unlock the door, or I open it myself."

When I remained still, limbs stuck in place, he began to torment me.

"One."

"Two." Luke grinned, popping the bones in his back.

"Thr—"

"Fine!" I emphasized my words by quickly unlocking my door.

Luke lowered his hands, wearing a sly grin. His mouth upturned into a smirk as he scanned me over.

"Was that so hard?" he said sarcastically.

Yes. "What do you want?" I asked, attempting to hide my fear by glaring.

Luke ignored me, and instead walked to the driver side. I watched his every move, clenching my knife tightly, but his demeanor never once faltered at it.

After he was seated in the car, he reached back into his pocket. My hands grew sweaty as I thought of him pulling out a weapon. This man was huge; he could kill me by a flick of the finger.

Instead of fulfilling my fears, he pulled out a pack of cigarettes, one that was already opened. Before he pulled the stick out, he shot a glance at me.

"You just gonna stare at me?" he said, as if he were truly interested in the answer.

I shot my eyes back down to the ground, focusing on my heartbeat levels. I still felt his eyes linger for a minute or two, before returning to his task.

As he placed the cigarette between a set of pink lips, he looked at my shaky figure. "You don't talk much, do you?"

"Kade told me not to speak to anyone, not even you," I said, glaring down at my hands.