seen

Sorry for the wait! Enjoy! 🤍

"Those who stand for nothing fall for everything." — Alexander Hamilton (favorite Broadway 💕.)
———————————————————

Chapter 33
<——————————————->

"That good for nothing asswipe," Maggie scoffed as she saw Kade enter Mr. Crawfields' class with us.

I smiled just at the sight of him, my mind elsewhere. "He's actually not that bad." Not at all.

Her eyes glared after him, popping the flavorless gum in her mouth. "Not that bad?"

I shrugged, my cheeks slowly reddening. My shoulders fell with relief as the teacher rose from his chair: the perfect distraction.

"Toe fungus isn't that bad," I heard Maggie whisper harshly, "But, it has nothing on that dickwad."

I giggled at that. I didn't quite know how long her distastefulness toward him would last, but I figured she would come to like him later on.

On cue, Kades' eyes shifted. He was turned around in his seat, back against the wall, searching until his eyes finally landed on me.

I froze under his impeccable stare, stricken by the icy look. I stared back, smiling slightly at him.

Instead of a smile, his lips shifted into a smirk. I frowned in confusion, shrugging as he turned back around.

Mr. Crawfield clasped his hands together, eyeing the classroom before turning to the board. "Alright..." His words only became mush as I gave into my deep thoughts.

I had been this way ever since last night. The rush of the night was one thing, but our kiss at the end was an entirely different thing. I couldn't take my mind off of the fact that I, we, had became so much more.

I didn't know what to do with this. I had no clue what to do with us. If we clarified to one another that we were in a relationship, maybe that would make things easier. But, with us, it would probably only make it worse. There were a lot of things that I had pushed away in terms of our past, and I knew that I would have to come to terms with them one of these days. But, I could only wait for that day to come. Until then, I would live in the moment. Our moment.

I was broken from my daze as I felt a vibration against my leg. I knew that it was my phone, but it still felt unfamiliar to receive texts. Since the teachers' back was turned, I pulled the phone from my pocket.

Kade: Are you paying attention, sweetheart?

I reread the message a great number of times. I was bewildered at the fact that Kade was texting me, and that he was actually attempting to flirt with me.

I looked up from my phone. I expected to catch eyes with him, but instead, his back was still my way.

My fingers hovered over the keyboard. I couldn't think of what to say in the moment, and that only worsened my edginess.

Me: Yes.

It only took a matter of seconds for him to respond. I clutched either of my thighs for dear life, staring down at my phone as I awaited a response.

Kade: I didn't mean paying attention to me, love.

I blushed at that. We weren't even looking directly at each other, but I still knew that he was smirking.

Me: I'm not looking at you.

Kade: Then, you're staring hard as hell at the back of my head. You obsessed, sweetheart?