eggs

Enjoy 🤍

"Get busy living or get busy dying." – Andy Dufresne 'The Shawshank Redemption'
———————————————————
Chapter 7
<——————————————->

I blinked up at the white ceiling in confusion. I searched the roof above me for any cracks of recognization.

I rubbed at my eyes. "Where am I?" I mumbled to no one in particular.

I swung my legs over the big bed, feeling all of the memories from last night flood in. My last memory was of me looking at the sides of Kade's bed.

What the fuck?

I looked around in confusion. Where was the asshole, anyway?

I stood up, then made my way down the staircase. If he wasn't upstairs, then he must be somewhere else inside of the house.  

The sweet smell of food tickled my nose. As I rounded the corner, Kade's tanked back was to me.

I needed to leave before this got even worse than what it already was.

My shoes dangled in my hand. I gripped onto them for dear life as I made an attempt at a sneaky act. My toes cramped from how quietly I attempted to get to the door.

My plan smacked me in the face once I heard the deep rumble of his voice, "Morning."

Fuck.

My face fell in shame and disappointment.

I faced him, my stomach twisting in all sorts of knots. I lowered my head as I walked back towards him.

A proud smirk upturned his lips. A frown downturned mine.

A silent dispute settled once I plopped down onto a tall stool. In a sense, this was my fault. I had gotten into the car with him, willingly, and now I was paying for it. But to be fair, he stole my property.

"Why do you do that shit?" Kade's voice broke into my thoughts.

I raised my head in confusion. "Do what?"

"That thing you do, you know when you look like you wanna say something then you just..." Kade paused before flipping over a cooked pancake. "Stop."

I laid my hands on the cold table in front of me, releasing my lip. "I never realized I was doing it."

"Well, you should pick up your head more. Never show weakness to anyone. Not even yourself."

The words slipped out before I could stop them, "It's different when you spent your entire life as the opposite." I brought my arms closer, propping my head in my hands. "Besides, who are you to comment on any of my actions?"

"I'm the guy whose privacy you invaded," he reminded me.

"I invaded your privacy?" I scoffed in disbelief "You're the one who started this."

Kade ignored my argument, the shake of his head closing it. "You want eggs?"

My face scrunched up in seconds. "Gross."