fighting it|part 3

This is a part 5 chapter thing, so tomorrow's update will be the fourth for chapter 32! Enjoy! 🤍

"It always seems impossible until it's done."—Nelson Mandela
———————————————————

Chapter 32|part 3
<——————————————->

I gulped down any confidence I had left. "What do you do here, exactly?"

He ignored my question, reaching behind my seat. I watched as he pulled out a white tank, then took off his hoodie.

He placed the hoodie in my lap, and I let it sit there. "Kade."

Kade slid the tank over his head quickly. "Just...don't ask me any questions. Put the hoodie on," he said, voice detached. "Hurry."

I frowned at his newfound behavior, before putting on his hoodie. Immediately, I was flooded by his scent, a heavenly cologne and...holy shit, he smells good.

I didn't realize until now that he never had a shirt on underneath. Before he threw on the tank, I caught glance of his tanned, toned stomach. Immediately, I tore my gaze away as he turned toward me.

He handed me a band. "Put your hair up in a ponytail," he demanded, nodding toward me.

I did so quickly. As he leaned my way, I instinctively thought he was going to kiss me, or do something sensual, but of course, I was wrong.

He pulled the cap of the hoodie up the farthest it'd go. With lips pressed into a thin line, he examined me over closely before nodding to himself. We got out of his car, my presence lingering closely behind his.

Kade pulled at the hoodie again before his hand took mine. Even under these circumstances, I felt the heat float throughout me before reality set in.

"Stay close to me," he said, eyes ahead as we walked. "Don't leave my side."

I followed his instructions, keeping my head down, and my words low. I stared straight ahead, though I felt different sets of eyes on me as we continued on.

I glanced up from Kade's backside, holding in a gasp as I caught sight of our surroundings. It looked like something straight from an action movie, but that wasn't this case because it was right here.

We looked to be on a high floor, from my view. The ground level was so far, yet so audible, even from here. Right in the center was a large ring platform that was surrounded by four walls, which looked to be built out of wire.

I gasped as I saw the two large men on top of the platform. Instead of wrestling, they were fighting. Full blown punches, kicks, and blows to the face and body. They were trying to kill one another.

A couple of viewers were up here with this, but not as many as downstairs. There were scattered chairs and pieces on furniture on either side of the cage, all filled with yelling viewers. My ears clenched painfully at their loud cheers and curses.

Kade's eyes were on me, scanning for my reactions to the scene. I attempted to hold myself up, but as I heard the loud thump of what I assumed was a head, I covered my mouth.

Kade shook me out of it, grasping me by the elbow. "Come on."

He guided me down a flight of stairs, never removing his hand from me. On the way down, we passed other men who carried on as usual, sending small nods to Kade. By my quick glance at them, I knew that I wouldn't want to get on their bad side.

I mumbled a sorry as my shoulder bumped into a girls' but that wasn't what caught me off guard. I flushed at the sight; the girl had neither a shirt or a bra on, just a pair of low-riding shorts. Kade chuckled, a half-smirk along his lips as he watched me, but we continued on nonetheless.