wybie

Enjoy 🤍!

"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close." - Pablo Neruda
————————————————————

Chapter 71
<—————————————>

My eyes fluttered open at the sensation of a feather stroking my face. The feeling continued on. Delicate, but ticklish.

As my sight adjusted, the feeling ceased. By the time I came to, I realized what it was.

Warm eyes stared down at me, a small smile feathering his lips. "Happy birthday, sweetheart."

I hummed, rubbing at my eyes as I raised my upper body. The ache in between my legs was the first feeling to hit, but it wasn't too bad. Finally, I settled back into the bed, turning to my side to get a better view of him.

I sighed as his hand went to the back of my head. "How did you know?" I never told Kade of my birthday; the only people that knew were my friends and family.

Kade smiled softly, leaning forward to place a kiss on the very tip of my nose. "Did you really think I wouldn't know my favorite person's birthday?"

"Favorite person, hun?" I joked, wrapping my hand around his wrist as it massaged my neck. "I must still be asleep."

His chuckle was deep. "Levi told me a while back through Raven."

I groaned at that, and the brightness poking through the window. "I'm going to kill her."

"Why didn't you want me to know?"

"It's a day."

"A day that gave me a chance with you."

"Well..." I felt my lips upturn. "I've never thought of it like that."

Kade tilted his head, his glare causing me to laugh. "You will from now on. Don't underestimate your existence, sweetheart, it's too loved." I sighed into his chest, not even bothering to fight my smile. "So are you. So fucking much." He kissed the top of my head.

I felt my chest cave from the inside as he flipped us over so that I was on my back. We were both still naked and tired. The night never seemed to end, thankfully.

His eyes roamed over my body with desire before meeting mine, again. "Are you okay?" He cradled my cheek. "How are you feeling? Are you hurting?" Before I could answer, he followed up with, "Do you need anything?" He raised himself, immediately, set off with his own nerves. "Shit, was I too rough? I'll go and get you—"

I loved to see this side of him. He was so adorable.

"Actually..." To tease him, I lifted a hand to my cool forehead, feigning sickness. "I don't think I have long."

At his scowl, I laughed, entangling my legs with his. "I'm fine, though. I only need you."

His scowl remained as his chest relaxed. "For being a smartass, I'm not telling you my surprise."

I ceased my laughter, my expression sobering over. In the midst of it all, I forgot all about it. Now that it was brought up again though, I wanted to know. It had to be important for him to keep it this whole time.

My attention jerked back to Kade. "Tell me," I insisted.

With a smirk, he shook his head.

"It'll count as my birthday present," I attempted but it failed.