date

Drop a comment, turn the star orange, and enjoy! 🤍

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." — Ferris Bueller ————————————————————

Chapter 8

My mouth fell. "What are you doing with my phone?"

His grip tightened around it. "That doesn't matter, why is he texting you?"

"Yes, it does matter," I argued. "And, what are you talking about?"

He tossed my phone toward me, which I caught. I glared at his back while I powered it on.

Carter: Are you okay?

Carter: I'm sorry about that asshole.

Carter: Please answer me, I want to know if you're okay.

I looked up at Kade's angry stature. "Carter is my friend, not that it's any of your business." I shoved the phone back into my pocket. "Why do you care if he texts me?"

When he turned to face me. there was no trace of emotion, not in his eyes or in his fair face. His eyes were narrowed, rigid, cold, and hard. In that moment I knew he was already far away from me. From reality.

"I never said it did matter," he argued. "But, you're not allowed to have anything or anyone while you're here," he stated. "Besides, he just wants a quick fuck. You're an idiot if you think otherwise."

I could feel my legs about to collapse from under me. I shut my eyes to try and help level my frustration. "Don't call me that, Kade."

"What? An idiot?" With a chuckle, he spat, "Fine, I'll call you a pussy instead."

My mind fogged up with emotions and my eyes felt heavy with tears. I felt my lip quivering, although I tried to hold it back. I tried to swallow my tears and not show my weakness, but my will was far too weak. My eyes itched and burnt from holding back a river of tears while my throat was so tight; I could feel a crack starting to form. I wished that I could push my emotions down so deep that I could forget them, but I couldn't. I never could. I wasn't even hurt with what he said, I was frustrated. I was angry, and exhausted.

In between the upturned volume of my heartbeat, I heard Kade's laughter.

How could he laugh right now?

"The crocodile tears, they're my favorite," he laughed, dangling a humored glare at me. "Can you quit being so weak about everything?"

My anger skyrocketed to the top of the tallest mountain on earth. "Take me home."

Kade paused once he heard me speak. His expression tightened before he allowed the black expression to overpower.

"I said take me home!" I choked on the few words I managed to say to him.

He grinned, turning away from me. "My pleasure, sweetheart."

I pushed past him to walk to his car outside of the home. I grabbed my things in hand before walking out. If I had any sense of direction home, I would have already hit the streets.

I hopped into his car with the little bit of strength I had left inside of me. My head began to pound at the remembrance of Kade's words.

I felt that common feeling of emptiness my mother had left inside of me.

I could barely recognize my my own screams as my brothers held me to the bed. "Shut. Up. You. Little. Ungrateful. Bitch."

I screamed with every hit my mother delivered my way.