epilogue

Thank you so much for 700K reads, nearly 1k followers, and for having me rank in teen fiction! I'll be back with Luke and Maggie soon. 💕 Enjoy!🤍

"Till my last day, I'll be loving you." —Unknown

————————————————————

Epilogue
<—————————————>

|Three Years Later|

"Come in," I called out at the knock, staring back at myself in the mirror.

My eyes fell to the door as I heard it click open. A smile plastered on my lips since I expected it to be Teresa or Susie. But, it wasn't.

My lovers' lips tipped into a smile, his eyes fanning over me. I think I saw the moment he lost his breathing as he stepped closer, expression full of so much admiration, passion, love and everything in between.

He was just as handsome in his tuxedo. I didn't even want to think about the price of my dress and his tuxedo, but either way, they were amazing. Somehow, we both managed to match the others' admiration. "Shit," fell from him in a whisper. "You have me wrapped around your pinky already, but right now...I think I'll faint seeing your beautiful ass at the alter, sweetheart."

Immediately, I went to cover up. "Kade," I groaned, narrowing my eyes at him. "It's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding."

His smile only grew, and I turned to fight my own. Instead, I observed over myself again. The makeup was spotless, and the dress was chosen perfectly. Now that I was in it, everything was becoming more real.

I ran a hand over my stomach before I caught myself. Turning, I chuckled as Kade leaned down to catch my lips.

"To hell with the rules," he murmured against the corner of my lip, peppering the smallest of kisses there. "I couldn't stop myself." His fingers were light and delicate against my skin before I moved away.

I glanced back at him through the mirror. "Did you enjoy your party?" His hands went to my shoulders, slightly squeezing. From his reflection, the desire danced across his figure but I wasn't giving in minutes before our wedding.

His lips curled into a scowl. "Fuck no," he responded, bending to eye level. Laughter fell from me as he wrapped his hands around me, tugging me closer. "I was miserable without you, sweetheart. Miserable."

He didn't even want a bachelor party;I had to force him to leave with Luke and Levi. They all just drunk and reminisced with their other friends.

It was funny to think of it now, but it was even funnier in the moment when Luke sent me the pictures of Kade in pure hell as he waited to go home. From one of the pictures, I saw Kade admiring a picture of me in his phone and in the others', my contact was on the screen, just waiting to be pushed. I planned to tease him about it as much as possible, but in truth, I was just as miserable.

"A bachelor party is signifying that I'm sad about it, that I'm sad about marrying you," he had said the night before I forced him to leave with Luke and Levi. "When that's far from the truth. I'm beginning a life with my world; there's absolutely nothing to be sad about."

I hummed against his fingers as he stroked my thighs, his eyes falling. "I have a confession."

I paused, tilting my head. "Tell me."

"I left," he said in one breath. "And, I mean absolutely gone. I booked it right out of the exit when they weren't looking."

I stared back at him before the laughter became too hard to conceal. He beamed as I laughed. "That's why you got home so early?"