time

Enjoy🤍!

"Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated." — Alphonse De Lamartine

————————————————————

Chapter 86
<—————————————>

I barely missed the strand of pasta thrown in my direction.

With a glare, I yanked the plate from Jax as he went to grab another to throw at Maggie. "You've missed her three times, Jax. Give it up, already."

Maggie made a face at her brother, earning a series of giggles from Raven. I didn't even understand why the twins started to argue, but it had ended up in a drunken food fight.

I nearly clapped with joy as a servant came to my aid. I thanked him as I handed the plates over, and attempted to clean the mess to my best ability in order to make it a bit easier on him.

Finally, we could get out of here.

The three of them were past tipsy. I stopped counting their drink count after a while, but it was an enjoyable sight at least.

Jax was right, the manager was definitely a 'friend.' A part of me wanted to join in on the fun, but I refused the urge in order to get all of us home. I managed to focus just enough to sustain myself through the dinner.

I wasn't entirely sure how we made it to the car. Somehow, Jax got the girls to hold onto his shoulders and file to the car in a harmonized song. I could feel the hanging glances of onlookers from their cars as I led my drunk friends toward their seats. There weren't that many since it was late though, so I continued past their stares.

Just as I went to look away, my eyes jumped to the sleek, black sports car. It caught me off so bad, I had to backtrack.

I shook my head as I clicked Raven's seatbelt in. I needed to stop it. There was no way.

I couldn't help the curiosity, though. After suffering a head collision from Jax, I jerked around to where I saw it. There was no car there this time, though.

I was losing my mind.

I blamed it on that, or the fact that I was connecting everything with Kade Ryder. Whatever I thought I saw didn't make any sense, and I shouldn't try to make it.

After double checking over the twins, I caught a glimpse of Raven slumped against her headrest, the drool slipping down her cheek. Luckily, she remembered to give me her keys before the drinks came.

"Hey," I heard from behind me after I got in. I craned my neck, shoving the keys in until the car started from under us.

Jax leaned forward, though the seatbelt wouldn't let him go too far. "You know I love you, right?"

With a small chuckle, I responded with, "I do. Thank you, Jax."

I heard him listing off every reason as to why that love existed, though it was hard to decipher through his drunken tongue. I responded with laughter as I started down the dark road.

I listened to him and Maggie recite some song for at least half an hour, before the car fell silent. Once I heard their snores through the hum of the radio, I knew they were out.

Through the mirror, I witnessed Jax resting on his sister's shoulder, and her own on top of his. If I weren't driving, I would probably snap a picture of the two to tease them about tomorrow morning. Who knew alcohol would be the thing to stop their arguing?