skywrite

Enjoy!🤍

"We loved with a love that was more than love." - Edgar Allen Poe

————————————————————

Chapter 96
<—————————————>

After cleaning the mess Pyper left behind, I kissed, then placed her back in the cage. I didn't want any chance of her ripping into any other plant while I was gone.

Raven, Jax, and Maggie were all coming over for Christmas break. We were going to have dinner as a 'family', as Jax put it, open presents, go and see the Christmas lights that were in town, then come back here and drink until we couldn't any longer.

For the past week, I'd been preparing for their arrival. I hadn't seen them in person for months, and even though I made friends here, it wasn't the same.

I sprung up from my spot at the knock at my door. With a grin, I sprinted from my room, and to them.

As soon as I unlocked it, my excitement spilled right over the brink at the sight of them. They were here.

All three were standing there, their grins as wide as could be. Mine fell in confusion once I spotted who was right behind them. I knew that Luke and Levi were coming for Kade, but what I caught was what left me so confused.

Lukes' eyes followed Maggie's as he bumped into her shoulder, a sly grin crossing his lips. She turned to glare daggers into his very existence, but her cheeks began to redden, nonetheless.

I've never, ever seen Maggie blush before. Actually, I didn't even think it was possible. The rest didn't catch it, but I did.

"Oh my god!" Raven shouted so loud, it rattled in my ears. I grinned anyway, but before I could step back from the doorframe, all three were gathering me in their arms.

I hugged them back as tightly as I could. Their presence was missed more than they knew.

"I missed you so much," Jax expressed, tightening his grip. "Me too," Raven added. "Me fucking three," Maggie confirmed. All three of us held on until my arms began to ache.

When I pulled away, I laughed once I saw Raven and Jax wiping each other's tears from their faces.

I felt my own begin to well as I glanced between the three. "I can't believe you're all here. It's been so long." Before I could get a response, someone else was grasping me with a tight so hold, I had no other choice but to return the hug.

Levi pulled away, his kind eyes roaming over my face. "I haven't seen you in forever."

I chuckled in return, nodding. "I know."

I glanced over at Luke, who was propped against the back of my sofa. "Nice to see you aren't dead." He nodded at me once, but that was it.

"You too," I responded with a head tip.

Raven pulled herself together long enough to step up. "Okay." She shooed both men away. "Get out, she's ours."

I laughed as Levi began to protest. Luke lifted himself from my sofa, following along before pausing.

It was a quick notion, but before Raven shut the door, I saw him throw a wink Maggie's way. She threw up a middle finger in return, then turned to her brother.

Okay, then.

I remembered when she told me that they slept together a year ago, and I was right that time and this one. There was something else going on. Nonetheless, I actually thought the two were an interesting set.