nosiness

———————————————————
"Welcome to the real world. It sucks. You're gonna love it!" — Monica
———————————————————

Chapter 14
<——————————————->

Kade's face was a blank canvas.

The exact same as mine, I was sure.

I fell into an anguish all over again at the sight of him. I felt my stomach drop to the floor at a fresh look of Kade Ryder, the crushing anguish and fear threatening to overwhelm me. I wanted to leave, I wanted to break down, but I couldn't do it. Not in front of him anyway.

The memory of Amber and him naked was imprinted too deep in my head, and I couldn't stop the image from popping up whenever I saw him.

"Piggy?" Natasha's annoying voice broke through the trance Kade and I had unintentionally formed.

"What?" I snapped at her.

Her eyes widened at my angered voice, causing my cheeks to redden underneath her hard stare.

"Sorry," I begrudgingly apologized to her.

She rolled her eyes and whispered something to Amber, obviously about me.

The urge to smacking the smart ass out of her with this notepad was growing by the minute.

"So, what can I get you guys?" I forced a tight-lipped smile.

Amber giggled and the redheaded girl copied her actions. "I would say a bacon burger, but I wouldn't want to kill you just yet." Natasha broke down into laughter.

Everyone, including myself, jumped when Kade's fist landed on the table in front of him.

"Amber, unless your mouth is around one of our dicks, then just shut the hell up," Kade gritted out, sending daggers toward a very surprised Amber. "Natasha, you're a pig your own fuckin' self. And Bree, you're just as slutty as the both of them. Your pussy smells like roast beef, and you talk way too much to even be fucked. All three of you, just shut your fuckin' mouths and quit messing with her for once." By the time he was finished, all of their faces were slack with shock.

Amber was the first to snap out of the fear-stricken trance Kade held her in. "Don't you dare talk to me like that! Who do you think—"

"I'm the guy you were begging to suck off only a few hours ago. I can talk to you however I want to, if you don't like it then do me a favor and get the fuck away from me. Lesser the fuckin' cows, the better," Kade spat at her, his eyes narrowed.

His nostrils flared, and his fists clenched underneath the table. Everyone sat dumbfounded by his outburst, and every being inside of me felt entirely frozen.

Seconds passed, and no one said a thing.

I felt a hand land on my shoulder, and I jumped before seeing it was only Griff.

"You okay, baby?" Griff asked, dark eyebrows drawn in concern toward Kade.

I nodded, sending a weak smile toward him.

He scanned my face for a minute, trying to detect any signs of a lie. I held a normal expression, though my heart was far from that. I could practically feel it awaiting it's breaking point.

Griff left me alone with the six very quiet teenagers.

I could feel a good amount of deceased butterflies awake at what Kade had just said to the girls who had given me shit ever since I came here. He stood up for me, in front and against his girlfriend.