mine

Enjoy!🤍

"Some beautiful paths can't be discovered without getting lost." —Erol Ozan

————————————————————

Chapter 92
<—————————————>

After thanking the driver, I pulled my things out of the car with shaky arms. I was more than happy now that I didn't bring too much.

Twiddling with the key to my apartment, I watched the Uber pull off. Then, I turned.

Seeing it now felt so much more real than I expected. The feeling was as exciting as it was anxious. I felt a grin begin to build as I advanced toward it.

The apartment was a one-bedroom and bath; it wasn't very sizable, but I didn't care. It was mine, and for the price, I gladly accepted.

I managed to avoid the large move-in truck, which looked to hold an abundance of material inside. Whoever it belonged to definitely brought everything along with them. They could be my neighbor for all I know though, so instead of lingering, I continued on.

After pulling the suitcase up the stairs, I made a silent curse of gratitude that my apartment wasn't too high. I couldn't handle those stairs every day, especially after the walk to and from campus.

Finally, I paused in front of my door. Mine.

My clammy fingers barely gripped at the key as I shoved it into the door. Once I heard the click, I grinned with joy before pushing the door open.

"I did it," I whispered to myself as I smiled. "I did it."

It was here, I was here.

If only someone else was here with me.

I shook the intrusiveness from my head as quick as it came. I couldn't let it sour my accomplishment right now.

With a heavy sigh, I pushed myself through the threshold. Glancing around the small space, my insides swelled with pride.

From the pictures I saw online, I knew I would need to rearrange some of it, but I was more than thankful to know that it came furnished. That was way less money, and time for me.

When I moved closer, I saw a gray loveseat with a sofa and a matching ottoman facing it, both atop gray-brown flooring. There was a brown stand in front of the furniture, one I planned to occupy with a television as soon as I was able.

I left my suitcase by the ottoman, and turned to the kitchen. It was separated from the rest of the room by a wooden countertop. An electric oven, as well as a white fridge and a couple of counters awaited me. I made a note in my phone to add a microwave to the list, then processed to head toward my bedroom.

Along the white walls were several paintings that I would examine later for keeps. My bedroom was only a couple of steps away, but each one left me bouncing in anticipation.

Once I reached the door, I pushed it open. I stepped inside, my cheeks pinching into a wider grin. 

The full-size mattress was already dressed, but I would buy my own sheets and such later. I would have brought my own for a sense of comfort, but I didn't need too much familiarity.

There was a matching white bed stand with a lamp on the side, and a brown desk that I would use for studying directly across from the bed. The blinds on the side were shut, but they would work well with waking me for classes. The only bathroom was in my bedroom, but I'd check that out later.