ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄʜᴍᴇɴᴛ ɪssᴜᴇs

Age- 4
Warnings- none
Words- 1.4K+

                             ────

SCARLETT'S POV
I was drying off some dishes, until I heard faint but loud cries coming from upstairs which could only mean it was y/n.

I dried my hands off before walking upstairs and into y/n's room, i opened the door and saw her sitting up on her bed with a red puffy face and her arms extended towards me.

"Hey baby" i coo walking over and lifting her up into my arms, y/n continues to cry but lays her head on my shoulder and sucking on her 2 fingers, comforting herself.

"What's wrong, why are you crying sweetheart" i ask moving hair out from her face and eyes. Y/n just hummed and looked into my eyes not saying any words. I kissed her nose before walking to her wardrobe and picking out some clothes for the day.

"Mama's here, I'm not leaving" i whisper laying y/n on her bed and sliding down her pyjama bottoms, changing her underwear and slipping on some shorts as it was a warm day, then lifting her t-shirt over her head and blowing raspberries on her stomach but she wasn't amused by it

"Mama" y/n sobbed stretching her arms out to me, i rubbed her tummy before changing her shirt into a small vest so she wasn't to hot because I could feel the day getting hotter.

"Mama's here" i whisper pulling y/n back up and into me, i wasn't surprising about how clingy y/n was in mornings, i was more surprised or confused maybe even concerned about the state she was in and crying constantly.

"Do you wanna sit on mama's lap while she does your hair" i ask removing the sleep from y/n's eyes, y/n sadly nods shuffles closer into me.

I took her to the small vanity I had in her room and sat on the chair with her on my lap facing the mirror so her back was to my front and she was a bit in front of me, holding onto the desk, and her small legs wrapped around the back off my leg calf.

Y/n watched me through the mirror the whole time as I pulled her hair up gently into 2 pony tails and put 2 baby pink bows in her hair. I turned her around kissing all over her face before lifting her back up and walking downstairs to have breakfast.

I held y/n on my hip as I made some cereal for the both of us, and placed y/n in her chair and sitting next to her.

Y/n didn't eat her breakfast herself so I fed her, her's and also fed myself which took twice as long to do.

"Do you wanna stay in the house today, or go outside" i ask, rubbing y/n's legs as she sits on the counter whilst I load the dishwasher up, i look up when y/n doesn't answer and she points to the counter top

"You wanna stay in the house" y/n nods her head watches me as I finish up with the dishwasher

"Not talking today hm" i say picking y/n back up and taking her through to the living room and sitting down on the sofa with y/n beside me.

I turned behind me, grabbing a grey fluffy blanket and laying it over both of our laps long ways, y/n shuffled as close to me as she could, I lifted my arm up letting her cuddle into me more, which she did of course, i laid my arm back down holding it around y/n's waist.

Not even into the intro of the movie, y/n had found her way on top of me, her head was rested on her chest and her head was turned so she could still she the tv. She had a tight grip onto my shirt as if I would disappear.

"Mama's going to the toilet, stay here for me" I whisper sliding y/n of off me carefully and sitting her on the sofa with the blanket over her legs as she watched me walk out the room.

Just as I say down, the bathroom door opened revealing a crying y/n, she rubbed her eyes looking up at me and closing the door behind her with both her hands. She then slowly walked over to me and stood in front of my legs and laid her head down on my bare thigh, i wasn't convenient but I wasn't uncomfortable with it, I am only on the toilet so it wasn't causing any harm to either one of us.

"You just wanna stay close to mommy huh" i say brushing my fingers through y/n's hair, she nodded slightly and rubbed her eyes again.

I struggled while finishing in the bathroom but washed my hands and made my way back to the living room with y/n in my arms. I sat us back down on the sofa with y/n on my lap obviously which wasn't a surprise.

"Mama" y/n whispered and looked up at me, i hummed looking down and giving my attention to y/n, she pouted her lips lifting her head up to me.

I smiled and kissed her forehead, knowing it isn't what she wanted, I watch her out grow and her eyebrow's cross together, i smiled and kissed both her cheeks, y/n let out an annoyed whine dripping her head down my leaning against my chest.

I chuckled a bit before lifting y/n's head back up and kissing her lips numerous times which she thankfully smiled brightly at me and laying her head back down.

Y/n managed to turn around on my lap, so she was fully facing the tv, and leaning back her head to my, I rested my hands on y/n's legs, rubbing them with my thumb, y/n held my hand and lifted it up to her stomach. I dipped my hand under her vest and slowly rubbed her warm stomach slowly kissing her head every so often.

After the movie finished, I could see y/n slightly dozing off, she had only woken up an hour and a half ago, but had warn herself out, i didn't want her sleeping now, as I really didn't want to deal with another crying child at bedtime.

"Can mama have a kiss" i ask turning y/n around on my lap so she could face me, y/n whined and leaned back almost falling out of my arms

"Please" i pout pulling y/n forward again but only got her laying back into my again

"Can mommy not just have one kiss" i whisper looking down at y/n who gives me a small little kiss on my chest and slowly closing her eyes

"How about we play a game" I suggest bouncing y/n a little in my arms, y/n crinkled her eyebrows letting out a baby scream and sitting up with an angry face

"No mama" y/n shouted crossing her arms over her chest looking into my eyes, I tried not to break a smile at her cuteness but I really couldn't help it

" 'top" y/n grunts pressing her palm to my lips stopping me from smiling.

"Why can't we play a game" i ask removing her hand from my mouth

"Cos I'm sleepy" y/n said pouting even more, i peck her pout but y/n didn't seem very impressed by it

"But if you sleep now, then your going to be cranky at bedtime y/n" i say whining in the same tone that y/n did

"No, no i sleep now mama, i no cry at bedtime" y/n said in between her yawns, i thought for a bit, looking into her eyes seeing how tired she was. Normally my girl was full of energy and not wanting to take a nap, so I was surprised that she opted to take one

"Okay, but if you upset at bedtime it's not my fault okay" i say tucking a strand of hair behind y/n's ear, y/n smiled and nodded happily, resting her head down on my shoulder and sucking on her thumb.

Every time i would move a bit, getting more comfortable, y/n would turn her head and look at me watching what I was doing before turning back around quietly

"Go sleep baby, mama's staying right here" i whisper place a firm kiss on the side of her head and lifting her up closer to me.

                            ────

I am on 87 parts of this book, I have 102 drafts :/ so that's a problem anyway yeah just thought I would say for no reason at all