Lies•Shadowpeach•

(This is all relatable 💀)

" I hate you!!"

The words echoed all over Wukong's head. It hurt, of course! But yet the words also held uncertainty. A common thing Macaque had in his tone when he said words like that to Wukong.

"Why are you still here?" Wukong abruptly asked and he saw the emotions speed around Macaque's eyes and he settled upon his usual one. Anger. "What the hell do you mean, why am I still here!?" Macaque repeated and he whispered something under his breath as he glanced at the floor looking back up to Wukong. "I'm here to-..fight you and take your power! The usual." Both monkeys quickly fell into an uncomfortable silence. Macaque's tailed moved slowly down and gell limp, Wukong only stared into the black-furred monkey's eyes. Afraid of the outcome if he looks away.

"Stop staring at me and just fight me!" After the words were spoken both monkeys were facing each other their bodies inches apart from making physical contact. Macaque let out a growl as his sharp teeth showed, he pushed his weight towards the other and they both fell to the floor. Wukong's back against the floor below as Macaque sat on top of him pinning him down by the shoulders.. unaware of how strange the position was. "Macaque I don't want to fight you!" Wukong finally said what was on his mind..Macaque of course took this as a lie and just rolled his eyes.

"Lies!- you always want to fight me, "Wukong shook his head and he grunted as he tried to get out of the grip Macaque had on him. "Macaque I swear I don't want to fight you!" They stayed silent and Macaque only stared into Wukong's eyes. Searching for the off switch for the lying. But his eyes widened and his mouth opened but closed, he slowly got off of Wukong and stepped away. "Why now." Macaque said as his arms crossed across his chest. Wukong got off the ground and dusted himself off and he looked back up.. "What do you mean 'Why now?" Wukong repeated and he could see the look of annoyance on the others face.

"Must I explain everything to you! Why now?.. You've had years to tell me that you didn't want to fight anymore. Didn't want this hell wreck of the both of us." Wukong stumbled on this question. He picked his answer carefully seeing the Macaque wasn't the one to take things lightly. "I tried to find you.." Wukong started and he refused to look at the other's eyes.. afraid of the judgment he'll get. "And when I found you, you would always want to fight me. The usual you stuff." Macaque scoffed and crossed his arms. "What the hell do you mean, 'The usual me stuff'?!" Wukong sucked in a breath and his hands went out in front of him he opened his mouth but Macaque spoke first.  "So that's all? You let me be angry- never explained until now!!?" Macaque had a crazy look in his eyes as he started to get angrier with the Sage.

"I swear, Macaque it isn't like that. Let me explain you stubborn monkey!" Wukong gulped when he saw the shocked expression on the other's turn into more rage. Macaque let his arms dangle limply at his sides, "Let you fucking explain? Want me to tell you how many years you had to fucking explain this shit to me? Do you want me to tell you how many?" Macaque felt his face starting to heat up and he refused to show the tears that started to prick at his eyes. Wukong sighed and he rubbed the back of his neck as a stress conduct. "Okay..let's see. Not five years ago, not even a century ago. Wukong..it's been eight centuries.. and before that, I had died- died! Do you know what that even feels like!?" Wukong held his own hands as he was about to answer but of course. Macaque interrupted. "No, you don't! Why? Because you were a selfish asshole who ate all those immortality peaches. Ate them..just because you wanted to live forever. Because you were a stubborn..stupid monkey back then." Wukong felt his pride cripple at his past being remarked. Macaque had an angry smile ok his face as he continued, "And who did they blame. WANT TO KNOW WHO?!"

"WANT TO KNOW WHO LEFT AND DECIDED TO NOT FEND FOR HIS FRIEND!!" Wukong stared at the floor as the thought of looking up and into Macaque's eyes crippled even more with the yelling. Yelling wasn't his cliche but it wasn't supposed to hurt this much. Yet those words coming out of him made it so much more unbearable.. "That's. What. I fucking thought." Macaque took a step back and his shadow beneath him grew and darkened as the edges became a dark purple. "Don't ever dare come and think about talking to me. You come to me and try to fix this..I'll simply turn you into LBD. And.." Wukong looked up at this and he saw the stinging pain inside his eyes..

"This whole thing we had." Macaque's body started to be swallowed by the shadow beneath. "It's beyond repair.." Wukong big down on the inside of his cheek as he listened to this. Macaque soon enough disappeared into the ground and everything that was left was a silently crying Wukong and his thoughts. As they floated around lonely and angry.