Breakdown •Macaque Angst•

(Not beta read.)

It's been a horrible day.

Correction, it's been a shitty one to be exact.

It hasn't been a long time since Macaque had moved in with Wukong because the city was always too loud and his enhanced hearing would become too much and so Wukong had been 'kind' enough to let Macaque stay. He was skeptical at first and it wasn't the best, seeing as the last time he was so close to the kind for some time didn't always end well for the surroundings and Macaque's face and body.

But this time, it was comepletly different in many ways. Wukong would let Macaque alone when he asked to be alone and he wouldn't send a remark towards Macaque and that would be the best thing.

Wukong would let Macaque have the wooden house he called home, all for himself when he wasn't in a good mood. Which happend to be alot of the time but none of the two spoke about it, making Macaque feel as if his space was being appreciated even more and more.

Each time, each day, this would happen. And no one would speak about it, Macaque nor Wukong would mutter a word. It was wonderful and Macaque had dropped his guard on the second week of his stay. Wukong has noticed but took no advantage of Macaque's dropped down guard. MK would swing by and everything would ride out smoothly, Macaque would go and talk to the little ones and it'd be a nice day.

Up until now. That was a small recap of the past two weeks, and up until now Macaque feels horrible. Again.

"I thought you said–" Macaque felt his throat go dry as his voice cut off instantly. "I did! But it was for you to not hear." Macaque scoffed and his ears twitched. Wukong took the point and his once worried face turned into one of annoyance and slight irritation.
Macaque noticed quickly but stood his ground rather than moving away, "I thought we were getting along." He said in a plain tone and Wukong rolled his eyes as his tail swung angrily behind him. "We were getting along, past tense Macaque. But you're getting greedy, annoying, and I just hate thst you're-.." Wukong looked at the ground for a second before continuing his sentence.

"You're clearly not meant to live with someone. You're meant to be alone, like you've been your whole life Mac. No one enjoys your company because it's frustrating being with someone so self centered!" Macaque flinched as the words didn't just sting but came out louder than what he expected, ending with his ears with an annoying ringing inside.

Wukong was breathing hard and rage now covered his features, Macaque was also angry but he held it in for a final bomb. "Self centered. Ha. Never thought I'd hear it from you, have you looked yourself in the mirror the past decades or are you still as ignorant as the day I fucking met you." Macaque clenched his fists tight and held them at his sides as he watched Wukongs eyes widen before a familiar fire grew inside them. Macaque didn't smirk, like he would when he saw Wukong so angry.

He didn't show emotion because he knew he had grown soft.

Too soft. "Get out." Macaque heard them but they felt distant and he swore Wukongs voice wavered, or he thought he heard a small waver.
"What?" A dry laugh came out and Macaque saw Wukongs body tense, he realized that Wukong was ready to punch him, and not a normal regular puny punch. Macaque took a step back and Wukong sliced knives at him. "You can't hear with those cursed ears of yours? I said, get out!" Wukong took a step foward and Macaque took one back.

If he were to stay here he would have to end up fighting Wukong, and he had grown too soft. Even his fighting skills lacked greatly..

Macaque blinked and his burning face burned even more as a familiar whooshing sound echoed behind him, a shadow portal the size of him opened and Macaque was only one step from going into it.

Wukong focused on Macaque again, "Get. Out. You're useless here either way.." A sharp pain edged at Macaque's heart and he didn't as much as flinch at it. It felt like being stabbed in the heart, having the knife be twisted in a cruel manner, only for the knife to be driven even deeper into his chest. Macaque drifted a shaky hand up close to his stomach, then chest, and right on his loud heart. The silence was achingly loud and the cold air of the portal behind him drifted away.

"Get out, Macaque!!" Macaque bared his teeth and stepped back. A harsh cold pushed into his body and he grit his teeth as he held back on his teeth to chatter.

He hasn't come in here since he moved in with Wukong.
He hasn't killed anyone since he moved in with Wukong.
He hasn't trained since he moved in with Wukong.

His surroundings were dark and Macaque simply walked on nothing but darkness. Until he stopped and a faint silver light spewed out from another portal, he stepped into it and a not so harsh cold winc wiped by his right hand on the rocky ground and his right knee was on the ground.

Yet he still clenched his teeth, he hid his mouth in his scarf and the shadow portal dissapeared. Macaque didn't look up and his eyes glazed over, heavy breaths came out as he tried to steady his breathing. He failed and soon enough hot tears trailed down his face, Macaque tried to wipe them away but failed every time as more and more came. His whole body shook as his face seeped into one of pain, his eyebrows turned upward a hand flung over his stomach as the other went up to his mouth. He ignored the tears that wet his hand as he suppressed the sobs that spilled out of his closed mouth.

He let his body buckle over his hand as he bit back sobs. A chocked sob came out as he breathed in, everything fogged and his thoughts were on the words Wukong has spoken to him.

Macaque cursed himself for even daring to shed a tear, and much less an entire breakdown. He had gotten so use to being shown space and kindness that at the first sight of hatred towards him and hostility made him want to burn himself over and over again because he couldn't bear it.

But Wukong wasn't wrong, Macaque was alone because he didn't have anyone around to yell at him, critize him, even pity him as much as MK did. He hated being around people.

He hated everything! Everyone.

He left his hand fall off his mouth as it went to meet the one at his stomach, Macaque let himself cry as he tried to do it silence but realized that no one would be around to see his ugly moment. So he cried, unbothered, lips trembling, eyes soaked in more tears than ever, his scarf needing a good wash.

And his entire body didn't stop shaking, but he took comfort in his pitiful crying. Somehow, when the breakdown eased away, Macaque felt better than everything. His mind was clouded but a steady lulling sleep neared and he couldn't help but let the feeling take over, without cleaning his tears Macaque decided to take a short nap. Maybe this time, he'll be able to sleep, maybe this time he won't have nightmares..

And maybe this time he can feel better when be wakes up.

(I am sorry for no updates whatsoever, school has been so harsh for this last week before Christmas break and me myself hasn't been the best either so it's been lousy lately.)

(But hopefully someone enjoyed the welcoming angst because I totally needed to write this, and Froggo. I'll keep it coming with the angst cause my business is never going down.)