The Red Scarf•Shadowpeach•

S4 Spoilers to those who are waiting for the eng dub!!)

Wukong smiled brightly as he grabbed another peach, he put it in his leather bag and quickly closed it. He hung it over his shoulder and when he turned back around he was met with his trustworthy friend, Macaque.
"Are you coming? Or are you still staying behind?" Macaque's hands went up to the red scarf that circled his neck, "I'm still staying, I don't want to risk so much.." Wukong nodded and stepped foward.
He spread his arms and Macaque looked up to look at Wukong's eyes. Quickly accepting the hug, Wukong patted Macaque's back softly.

They broke the hug and Wukong was smiling again, making Macaque smile too. "I better go, I don't want Azure and the others to wait up longer," Wukong started to step away but he was quickly stopped by a gentle hand on his shoulder.
Wukong turned back around and saw Macaque, looking down slightly as he still hated eye contact. But Wukong understood, and didn't force it upon the other.

"I wanted to give you something.." Wukong gave Macaque his full attention, "I uh-.. here." Macaque let go of Wukong's shoulder and went to remove his red scarf. Untying it from the front and holding it in his right. Wukong looked down at the scarf and began to understand as he continued to watch Macaque.

Macaque held up his red scarf to Wukong, "As a reminder of me on your journey." Wukong grabbed the scarf and felt its soft cloth against his skin, his smile turned into a soft one and he felt a warmth spread across his chest to all over his body.

"But- you wear all the time, won't you miss it?" Macaque shrugged and looked at the scarf and then up to Wukong's eyes, his eyes weren't focused right on King's eyes but above. "I'll get a another, I prefer you have it to remind you of me!" Wukong grabbed the scarf and tied it around his neck quickly, he felt the sudden comfort and warmth it gave him and suddenly he knew why Macaque never took it off.

"It even smells like you.." Macaque let a small laugh out as he looked away a little embarrassed. "I might've made sure it did." Wukong gave a cheeky grin to Macaque and pulled him into a tight hug. Macaque squeaked but hugged back just as tightly, "I can't wait for you to come back."

He never did. Wukong's journey was put short as his plans unraveled, he accepted defeat and with defeat came shame and self-loathing. But he never let go of the red scarf, because it was the last thing he had of the good times he oh so wished to go back to.
Because then, he could at least be with his moon, his stars, his sky..

..his world.

(And guess who's back with some sweet angst. Peachy is!)

(Book still on a small pause as I work to create more chapter for my new one We Are One, go check out my Ao3 for possible NSFW writing, I won't be posting any of that on here anymore cause I don't want my book to be canceled xp)