Helping hand•Shadowpeach•

Suggested by bluelightingwolf, I adore writing comfort Wukong 😌 makes my day)

(Listening to Silver Soul by Beach House might be better)

"Macaque you in there?" Wukong said as he knocked on the wooden door. No response came through but only muffled sounds. Wukong was becoming impatient and worried for his companion. Before Macaque had run into the restroom they were talking, specifically about the future. It must've triggered something for the mortal, Wukong didn't know he was sensitive about future talk.
"Macaque open the door please!"

"Open the door before I break it down!!"

Wukong sighed as he leaned his forehead on the wooden door. He could hear what the muffled sounds were, crying, scratching, and general movement. "Macaque?" Wukong tried again as he looked on the door this time softer.

"Please let me in.. I can try and help you."

"Open the door or I'll break it down and give you a reason to cry, rat!"

Wukong went to try the door handle again but it was still locked. Wukong gave a tired sigh as he sat down his back against the wall.

"Macaque please. I just want to help..I didn't mean to hit a harsh subject."

"Open the door you demon! I'll make sure you suffer."

"Can I bring you some water? A blanket and some soft pillows. I know how bad your...episodes can get." Wukong could hear a scoff from inside the restroom. He knew he got the other monkey to stop scratching himself, Macaque would tend to do that often.
Too often for Wukong's liking. But some soft shuffling inside and the click of the restroom door opened, the door opened and Wukong fell on his back and onto the cold tiles of the floor. "Oh- sorry.." Macaque's voice sounded hoarse as he helped Wukong sit upright again. "So you want the blankets or not?" Wukong asked and he could see the small smile creep onto the other monkeys face.

"No you dumass. I'm not sleeping in the bathtub again, last time that shit hurt.." Wukong gave an funny glare to Macaque and Macaque flipped him off. "Hey! That's not nice, you meany." Wukong started to laugh as he heard Macaque give soft laughter too.

"But speaking literally now... are you okay?" Macaque gave a sad sigh as he looked down to the floor, his arms wrapping around his stomach in a protective way. Wukong noticed and his frown deepened, Macaque would only get like this if he remembered something from the last. Something from there young ages, "Did I say something that triggered..an episode on accident." You could hear the sadness and worry in Wukong's voice as he leaned his back against the wall. "It wasn't your fault. I didn't mean for it to go this far.." Macaque fiddled with his hands as his tail curled up on the floor beside him. "You can't control your episodes. It's not your fault, let's not blame anyone got now." Wukong glanced down at Macaque's curled up tail as his slowly inched closer and closer. "I shouldn't gave ran from you- i-i trust you enough to hug me! I should've told you!" Macaque said as he covered his mouth again. His voice wavering as he wispered things Wukong couldn't hear.

Wukong's tail slowly curled around Macaque's tail as it kept trying to pull back on it's own, "W-what are you doing?" Macaque said as he looked down to the two interlocked tails.. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" Wukong had to force his tail to pull away from the others. The feeling had instantly slipped away with his tail leaving an empty and hollow pit in his head. "No I- sorry. I do care for you I just didn't want to make you uncomfortable so I um..." Wukong pulled his legs up to his chest as he fiddled to find the correct words. Macaque was still looking down to were he saw both there tails interlocked, the same empty and hollow feeling settled down deeper. "You don't need to apologize." Wukong looked up and instantly dumbfounded and confused face appeared. Macaque wanted to slap Wukong and yell out the way he felt for the other.

The other wanted to run and hide away forever.

(Listen to Sparks by Coldplay here...that shit hurts)

"What?" Wukong suddenly asked as his chest tightend. Macaque let a hand go over his six ears as they moved away from his hand unconsciously. "I..can I tell you something?" Macaque was digging his nails into his hand as he felt a nervous cloud go above his head. "Yeah?" Wukong looked down at Macaque's hands and saw the hurtful action the other was doing to himself. "Hey hey...look at me," Wukong grabbed Macaque's hands and held them in his. He looked right into Macaque's dull golden eyes as they were starting to glisten with unshed tears again, his lower lip trembling as he held his mouth shut. Wukong gave a soothing sqeezee to Macaque's hands as he let Macaque dig his nails into his hands, wincing at the unfamiliar feeling. "Just look at me..and tell what you need to tell me. I won't judge and you know that," Macaque bit the inside of his cheeks as he knew that was true yet he felt as if he couldn't tell him.

"Wukong. Ever since you took me in after I was almost killed by some other demon's...helped me and all that sappy shit. I um.." Wukong still had a soft gaze on the other but it was filled with confusion. Macaque wanted to just tell him and get it over with. But the amount of things stopping him were too many to count, "And?" Wukong said as he wanted the other to continue. Macaque gave a sigh as he grumbled to himself.

Fuck it.

"I fucking love you and the way your just so stupid! You are the best things that's happend ever since I was brought back to life. You literally saved me and then went on to fight for me like nothing was stopping you! The way you talk to your little ones is adorable and the way they see you as a parent makes me smile..I've missed soo much but I just want us to come back. I missed you...too much for my liking."

Wukong was taken aback at the confrontation. Macaque in the middle of his speaking, started to cry as his hands shook. He wanted to get away and cry at the fact that he might not be accepted, at the fact that Wukong might hate him and most possibly hit hi- "Well thats a long way to say 'I love you' Macaque." Wukong had a dorky smile on his face as he too had some tears slipping down his face.

"What- you not going to h-hit me?" Wukong's face was filled with rage at the words, Macaque at the face wanted to curl up into a ball and beg for it to be safe. But Wukong just let go of his hands as he pulled the other into a tight hug. "Why the hell would I dare lay a single hand on you to hurt you." Macaque let the rest of the tears slip out at those words.
Such a long time and now he could let them go. Let them free. "I would never and I promise if I hurt you I would die. I would never dare lay a hand on you to hurt you... you're to precious to me." Wukong could feel Macaque's tears starting to wet his shoulder. Wukong patted Macaque's back softly as herubbed circles. "Shh..did something happen? When we were little." Macaque let out more broken sobs as he trembled more. Wukong knew he had hit another sensitive nerve with that. "Let's talk about that another day, yeah?" Macaque nodded as he curled his tail around Wukong's arm. Wukong smiled as his tail puffed up slightly at the soft action the usually rough monkey did.

"Another day.."