Fleeting Nightmare

Shiki Pov- I looked up at the banister as the two girls untied me. I saw the cat again, but this time it was black instead of white.

For some reason, the presence felt familiar. It reminded me of someone I haven't seen in 8 years: Aoko Aozaki.

Suddenly, the rope snapped. I started to fall. Hisui and Kohaku caught me but the stress made me pass out

Third person: Shiki started falling into the endless abyss of the dark. The voices of many people were ringing in his head.

Finally, after what felt like minutes, he landed in a familiar place. It was the playground.

"I only see you as a dear friend. That's why I'm here to kill you..." the man said. Shiki looked ahead at the man.

"Wait stop, don't hurt Satsuki!!!" Shiki screamed as he reached out, trying to stop the man in front of him, but it was too late...

He watched as he cut Satsuki down ruthlessly, but he didn't have control at that moment. It was like some other entity took over at that moment to kill Satsuki.

The man looked back at Shiki. " You're too weak, let me out!!!" The man screamed. lunging at him, Shiki closed his eyes.

As soon as he opened them, he saw a new scenario.

"You look a lot weaker than Saachin described". Sion laughed.

Shiki felt the other him tap him on the shoulder. " That's a dead apostle. Kill it like the rest," he snarled.

The man reached to take off his counterpart's glasses and slowly started taking them off. Suddenly, the scenario changed.

Shiki was met by Aoko Aozaki. The red-haired girl fixed his glasses. " There you go. These glasses should suppress your mystic eyes" she said, smiling.

"That bitch, these eyes aren't a curse. They are a blessing. The perception of death is important!!" The other shiki roared.

Suddenly, reality shifted again, but this time the vision wasn't something Shiki remembered happening.

There was a girl lying in a hospital bed. This girl was clearly broken

Despite never meeting this girl before, Shiki still called out her name "Ryougi Shiki", he said, reaching out for the girl.

The girl looked up from the bed with lifeless eyes, remembering how she got there after throwing herself in front of a car to die and let her male half prosper, but it failed. He died in her place

"We are both are broken. We don't know the meaning of life and death because we are in between them. How many souls do you contain in your body, Tohno Shiki?" The girl said as she reached towards her counterpart.

"Do you also live a life full of regret?" Ryougi asked as they got closer and closer.

Shiki saw a vision of Ryougi. As soon as they touched, he saw her trying to tear her eyes out. Because of her seeing the lines of death, with her mystic eyes, the doctors rushed in wrapping bandages around her eyes so she couldn't touch them. She never once spoke to them. Shiki then saw a vision of a girl approaching Ryougi who looked a lot like Aoko.

"You know even if you destroyed your eyes you'd still see the lines of death forever" the girl said, sighing.

"I'm Touko Aozaki. If you so desire, I'll teach you how to use your mystic eyes" the girl said, sitting down on a nearby chair.

Ryougi also had visions of Shiki's first encounter with Aoko.

The two realised they were one in the same despite not being the same person and being from different eras. Their lives had been very similar.

"Remember who you are. You're not alone" the girl said as she faded into nothingness.

All of a sudden, Shiki was back in the black abyss all alone. A warm gleaming shimmer of light sliced half of the abyss, engulfing the right side in light.

The black and white cats formed and descended into the void. The black cat was on the side filled with light. The white cat was on the side engulfed in darkness. The two cats formed into girls that resembled a succubus.

Both girls grabbed Shiki by the arm, dragging him into a world of light and dark.

"Nanaya Shiki, you don't have to suffer to give into your hatred for demons and your lustful desires " the white one said, pulling on his right side.

"Tohno Shiki, stay kind hearted, give into your love and lustful desires to protect your family and your friends" the black one said as she pulled on the left side of him.

Shiki started to be torn in two. He looked and saw his other half as he was slowly ripped apart from the middle. He managed to reconnect both halfs of himself, being dragged into a world that was dull and grey.

Shiki looked around and saw Akiha, Hisui, Kohaku, Ciel, and Arcuied. " We are the ones you lust for, Shiki" the girls said in unison.

Shiki noticed in the corner Satsuki was sitting all alone, "Saachin!!!" He screamed, reaching out for her, but he was dragged back by the 5 girls that stood also stood there.

Satsuki glared at Shiki as she got up and walked towards him. " You liar!!!" She screamed as she sunk her fangs into Shiki.

He suddenly saw another vision: "Shiki, where's Satsuki been? She's been missing for a couple days", Arihiko said, getting worried about his friend.

"Promise me if I'm ever in danger you will come to save me", Satsuki said.

"I failed you!!!" Shiki screamed, being sent back to the grey void. He looked around. The sight made him puke.

Arcureid was dismembered into seventeen pieces. Her body was scattered everywhere, drowning in a pool of blood.

Ciel was impailed all over, being pinned to the ground by blades, one even going into her head. She was clearly suffering despite the fact that she couldn't die.

Hisui and Kohaku looked deadpan and emotionless from all the abuse they had gone through.

Akiha just looked like a mindless bloodsucking demon with no morals or a shred of kindness in her heart.

"I have failed all of you!!!" Shiki screamed.

Shiki pov: I shot up from my long sleep sweating profusely. I let out a scream as I realised I was in reality again.

"It was just a dream" I panted as I tried to calm my heart down, but then I saw the two cats from my dream. They were right there.

I blinked and they were suddenly gone without a trace. My body started to move on its own and I barely managed to stop it.

"I truly am broken" I said as I let out a laugh, trying not to cry.

Hisui, Kohaku, Arcueid, and Akiha came in to check on me. Akiha hugged me but I just ignored everything. All I could think about was how broken I really am