Thinking Deeper

Akiha pov: Day had finally broken, illuminating the manor once again. To be honest, the light kind of annoyed me. I am so used to prowling in the dark and only seeing crimson light illuminate a room.

Kohaku met me in the kitchen and immediately walked over to brew me some tea.

"I have Hisui on laundry duty." Kohaku stated calmly, her voice soothing me. I gently nodded, wondering why they still do this routine despite me telling them it isn't necessary anymore because of our status.

About a minute later, Kohaku placed the tea in front of me and stirred it around a little bit.

"Kohaku, do you think something was off about Roa?" I asked her

Kohaku thought about it for a moment and nodded. "Why was he trying to run?" She asked the most valid question: why was Roa trying to run away from us? Instead of fighting

"He had to have something up his sleeve there," I commented.

"Actually, he probably didn't; it's odd that The Serpent of Akasha wasn't looking to be killed; that goes against everything he wants," Kohaku said.

I took a sip of the tea and nodded, coming up with the idea, "Maybe he lost access to a host." I mentioned Kohaku, who shook her head.

"I'm sure Roa has more hosts; he isn't stupid like that." Kohaku sighed

I had to admit that as much as I hate Roa, my brother Kohaku is right that he wouldn't do something so stupid at a time like this since messing around means he won't get his plans done.

"What has me messed up is that he has connections to Akasha, the root of the universe; that's how he has infinite reincarnation, but my question is, why doesn't he just use the power of the universe to end all of us?" Kohaku asked

"Maybe he has limitations to what he can access," I mentioned.

"Because he probably can't access it for one reason or another." Kohaku mentioned

"Onee-chan, I finished the laundry," Hisui softly said.

"Okay, we should visit Dr. Arach. I want to ask her about the dead apostles and learn more about Roa," Kohaku said.

"Maybe we shouldn't go to see her; we may accidentally free her," I said.

"It's fine; she can't escape confinement, and besides, she was being controlled by me." Kohaku laughed

For some reason I didn't think that was true. Something about how she presented herself made it seem as if she was moving at her own accord, but it could just be me.

I finished up my tea, and the three of us went into Kohaku's lab. She opened a secret wall, revealing a prison cell. It was similar to the room that Roa did horrible acts to her in. Maybe she modeled it after that room as a stark reminder.

"It's been awhile," Dr. Arach said.

It seemed like she was having fun in the cell; she pretty much made it into a secondary lab for herself.

"What do you want to know?" Dr. Arach asked

"To know more about Roa and the dead apostles," Kohaku said.

"You want to know about the numberless dead apostle, the extra you could say," Dr. Arach said.

"Extra?" I questioned

"Yes, Lady Akiha, your brother, or should I say Roa, is not part of the twenty-seven dead apostles, but not because he is weak, but because he is a profit who wants his own things; he never asked to be a vampire," Dr. Arach said.

"Profit?" Hisui questioned

"Hard to believe a bastard like him has aspirations," I said.

"The search for immortality I suppose since Roa is always reincarnating, but I don't get it, why wouldn't he want to be a vampire? They always stay young." Kohaku said

"To be honest, I don't really know about dead apostle culture; the only one I've come into contact with is Rita Rozay-en; she is the fifteenth." Dr. Arach said:

I felt someone's presence behind me, so I turned to look. I was shocked to see Arcuied there. I thought she was going to see Eltnum, Satsuki, and Riesbyfe, but she is here.

"To be honest, Roa may not be the problem; I want to kill him, but we need to be on our feet," Arcueid said.

"How come?" I asked

"We have to deal with my sister's faction." Arcueid said

"You have a sister?" I questioned

"Yes, she's the ninth dead apostle; her pet dog's primate murder is number one; number six is Rizo-Waal Strout," Arcuied said.

"You think we'll have to fight them?" Hisui asked

"Yes, my sister showed her ugly head." Arcuied sighed.

"So wait, who are the other notable dead apostles?" I asked

Arcueid looked a bit troubled. "The crimson moon is three, that dumb old man Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg is four, and Chaos is ten, but that's not what is bothering me. Night of Wallachia was thirteen, but he seems to have been dethroned," Arcueid said.

"By who?" Kohaku asked

"Sion..." Arcuied said, "Sacchin is also in contention for a spot." She added

"Wait, are you saying that the stronger Sion gets, the closer she becomes to becoming the thirteenth and losing her mind?" Kohaku questioned

"That is a possibility; however, she has a strong mental fortitude, so I'm not really that worried, but I'm worried about her gaining that position because then she'll never live in peace." Arcuied said

"She is the dust of Osiris, so what kind of life does she expect?" Kohaku asked

"Maybe a life where she can live happily, the same life you want, Onee-chan," Hisui said.

"I just thought I'd tell you this information before I headed to see the others since it's been on my mind, but I'm just saying we need to be prepared for all-out war; we can't just sit idly by and let the enemies get stronger," Arcueid said.

She is right. We need to try to get Roa one last time, though if we can beat him, then we'll be strong enough to face our upcoming foes.