Special Chapter: Satsuki's Birthday #2

Satsuki pov: It is finally my turn to celebrate my birthday again, and as one of the main heroines, I'm so excited to do so.

The Back Alley Alliance all came together for this beautiful night.

"Sacchin, Happy birthday," Sion and Riesbyfe said, despite knowing this is all just an act.

"Thank you. I really appreciate having friends by my side!" I told the two of them

"This back alley holds a lot of memories," Sion laughed.

"Eh, are you going to get sentimental on me?" Riesbyfe asked

"Not in your dreams," Sion cackled before taking a sip of her drink.

"That was hot," Ries said.

"Sacchin, how did I know you'd be here?" Ryougi asked as she dropped down from the rooftops.

"Wha-I didn't expect you to come!" I said it with surprise.

"Kohaku didn't want me to leave, so I'm here just for a little while. I don't want to miss your birthday," she said.

"If you're here, then Arcueid should be nearby, right?" Sion asked

"Yes, she didn't want to miss out on this." Ryougi claimed

"Sacchin!" The blonde vampire yelled as she lunged at me, only to be blocked by White Len.

"Don't you dare harm the birthday girl," White Len said.

"Mistress..." Ryougi said in shock.

"Yes?" White Len questioned

"Why are you here?" Sion asked

"Well, I wanted to see Satsuki and Osiris," she said.

Sion sighed and grabbed Arcueid by the arm, pulling her away from me so she couldn't fight me.

"Who else is just going to show up?" Ries asked

"Sorry, should I leave?" Arihiko asked as he backed away from the alley.

"No, you can stay!" I shouted

Really, you want to keep the human here?" Arcueid said

I nodded. "He is my friend," I told her.

No matter how odd he is he stuck around with me and I can relate to him since he only has his sister in his life I feel the same in regards to Sion and Ries I only have them in my life-now all of a sudden I have more friends to care about

"So, I didn't really know what to get for your birthday, and I couldn't really come up with anything, so I thought maybe it would be nice if I made you something. It isn't much, but I hope you like my gift."

Ryougi handed me a bracelet that was handmade. A lot of work and attention were put into it. "I love it," I told her.

"Really!?" She asked with shock.

She was happy that I liked it so much, and she pulled me into a big hug.

"Should we be here?" Arihiko asked as he stared at the two of us.

"We are here as family, so yes, we should be here," Sion said.

"Can I give her birthday punches?" Arcueid asked

"No!" Sion shouted at the girl in response, defending me from her so I wouldn't get hurt on my special day.

"Sion, I'll fight her later." I laughed.

"Really? You want to fight her; I would think that you'd want to stay away from her," Ries said.

"Well, I mean, she is excited, and I don't want her to be disappointed, so I will fight her," I said.

Sion laughed. "You really are sweet," she said.

I smiled at her. "You really think so?" I said

Sion nodded and walked over, patting me on the back. "You are a strong girl," she mentioned to me.

I know she wasn't just saying that to inflate my ego; she really meant it. She thinks I'm strong, and she is happy with me.

"Sacchin, we should go get something to eat," Ries said.

"Can I drink some blood?" I asked

Ries nodded, letting me bite into her arm. "Aaaah!" she cried out with pleasure. "Sion-are you jealous?" She moaned

Arcuied, how have you been?" Sion asked, completely ignoring Riesbyfe's question.

I swallowed the blood and laughed as Ries pouted about being ignored by her beloved. "You are mean!" Ries cried out.

"You two are the cutest!" I giggled

I noticed Ryougi was frowning at the sight of me drinking Ries' blood, but she was happy that I enjoyed it at the same time, so I sunk my fangs into her.

She has a synthetic body, so the blood isn't real, but it still tastes just as good as real blood.

Refreshing," I sighed with relief.

"You seem to enjoy drinking blood," Arihiko said.

"Well, I don't have a choice. I either drink blood or die of hunger," I said.

Arihiko laughed as I glared at him. "Sorry," he said.

"No problem!" I said to him:

Sacchin, do you want cake?" Sion asked

"Yes!" I shouted immediately.

"Wow, so you seem hungry for that." Sion pointed out

"I never said I was full." I told her

Well, your body movements implied that," Sion stated.

That may be true, so I guess there are things I don't know that I do. My body is still an enigma.

"You know, the more and more I live like this, the more and more I appreciate being a vampire. It still is a curse, but I can't say I hate being one anymore," I told everyone.

"That is good; I still will find a way to cure you, though," Sion told me.

"Thank you, but please understand you don't need to fight for me; just be yourself!" I said to her:

"But I want to fight for you!" Sion replied

"Ah..." I was shocked.

How could I have found so many good friends my entire life? I have suffered, but becoming a vampire honestly gave me good fortune, even if the beginning was rocky.

"Thank you everyone," I said.

They all looked at me, confused by my sudden words.

"You're welcome," they told me.

White Len made me a birthday cake and lit the candles. Everyone sang Happy Birthday, which was less embarrassing than I thought it would be, and then it was time to make a wish.

As I blew out the candles, I thought to myself, I don't want things to change, even if I do become a human again.

I want all my friends to stay by my side.

*A/N: Happy Birthday Satsuki Yumizuka 8/15