East Side

Sion pov: "Ries, let's be stealthy about this." I was staring down some ghouls that became mindless Roa must have been there.

"Sion, we can't get information from them, so why should we be stealthy?" Ries asked.

"We don't want a large scale battle..." I sighed.

"Ah, that's why." Ries said he completely grasped the situation.

We traveled through the shadows I threw a wire at one of the ghouls and dragged them into the shadows where Ries smashed her Gamaliel into their heads.

One after another, we slowly took the ghouls down. Since they are mindless creatures, we didn't need to keep any alive.

"Roa must have been around here." I stated out loud

"Or any other dead apostle..." Ries stated.

That was true. Any dead apostle could have bitten people and turned them into ghouls. We weren't 100% sure that Roa did this. Why would he bite random people anyway?

"We need a way to lure him out..." I said I began to think

"Yeah, it's not as if we have a pathetic, worthless human we could use as bait," Riesbyfe stated.

"Yes we do, actually, Mario." I said he'd be perfect to use as bait and if he died, well we wouldn't be losing anything important.

"Sorry, but Mario is uncooperative," Ries said.

"No, we don't have to directly work with that bastard. It's more that we'd be using that son of bitch," I said.

"That's smart, but who's to say that he wouldn't figure us out immediately?" Ries asked.

"He's a stupid brat, right? He would be too focused on Roa to realise "I stated

I suppose you are right, but we can't let a loser like Mario go. Ries said.

"Well, do you want Ciel on this job? She'll mess up," I said.

"Yes, I understand everyone in the church is incompetent," Ries said.

I didn't say that. I'm just saying Ciel is too emotional. I sighed

"Yeah, and Noel isn't strong enough to fight Roa..." Riesbyfe said

"Who's to say we're strong enough to fight Roa?" I asked.

Well, if we aren't, then we'll die. Riesbyfe stated

"I'm worried about Saachin and Arcuied. Maybe we shouldn't have made them a group." I sighed.

"Why's that?" Riesbyfe asked.

"They may be too involved in this; Saachin was bitten by him and Arcuied betrayed." I sighed.

"What's the big deal if they're emotionally invested?" Riesbyfe asked.

"The problem is if they are too emotional, they may lose it." I stated Riesbyfe nodded.

"You trust Saachin, right?" Riesbyfe asked.

"Yes I do..." I responded.

"Then don't worry, Saachin isn't an idiot. She will remain level-headed," Riesbyfe said.

I nodded I knew it was unlikely that Saachin and Arcuied would run into Roa, but if they did, Arcueid would put them into trouble. That's why I think I should have gone with Arcueid and Riesbyfe should have taken Saachin.

Of course I trust Saachin, but I don't know if she is capable of controlling Arcuied. We'd have to see if she was to have come into contact with Roa. She promised to call us, so I am less worried than I would be if Saachin didn't have a phone.

For now, I have to put my full trust in the search team and hope everyone is going to be safe.

Akiha won't start searching until Kohaku wakes up, so we can't rely on her much. However, she has given us inside data about all Roa's abilities, although she isn't sure if he can still access his blood manipulation or if he lost that when he took over her brother's body

We've also been in contact with Aoko and Alice recently. They told us they won't get involved with fighting but they can supply us with information. Not that we need the power, but I feel like we have a solid team

Riesbyfe and I checked all of Roa's supposed hideouts in the east but there were no signs of him. It was like he knew we were coming but that was impossible

When we investigated, we noticed clear signs of life, so Roa was here recently in this particular hideout. I felt something eerie. I could sense my father.

He wasn't here, of course, but I could tell he was at one point. That meant Roa probably met up with Nero and my father, more of a reason why we needed to find him.

There were documents on a table that Riesbyfe and I looked at. The cover said "project," but the words after it were crossed out or ripped out, so we couldn't read them.

Honestly, what is Roa planning? We still don't know. It has been years and we still know little about him.

Maybe Akiha has a clue about what her brother wanted, but she didn't seem to pay much attention to him, so I doubt she'll be much help.

All we really can do is wait for Kohaku to wake up and then we can get all the information we need about Roa, or lack there of

I was getting antsy because if Roa was related to my father, Zephia, then I needed to find him and get this information from him. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I never expected Roa to be so elusive.

From the sounds of it, he was very clumsy on purpose, like he wanted people to kill him, but now, according to Riesbyfe, Roa has been careful and cautious trying not to be found.

So something is up. Maybe he has begun his plan Maybe the world is doomed

"Hey Sion, look over here!" Ries yelled

I ran over to see what she was looking at. There was a zip lock bag that was left behind with a strand of Arcuied's hair. There was a sticky note on it, leaving a reminder to bring it to a specific place

We had a clue that it was time to search for those coordinates it seems like Roa has made a mistake.