Old Man's Strength

"I'm going to kill you!" I hissed at the old man; he just stood there, not even phased by the fact that I was rushing him as fast as I could.

I jumped into the air and kicked him, but he effortlessly blocked it by raising his arm up.

"Arcuied, you should know by now that a straightforward attack like that is pointless," Kischur stated.

I gritted my teeth, slashing my hand downward. He caught my wrist, stopping my hand from advancing, before hitting me. His punch practically hit me like a freight train. I've never felt an attack like that before. I almost passed out from the attack.

"Araughhhh!" I screamed before going for a barrage of attacks. Every single punch and kick was blocked with no effort. I sent a projectile slash his way, and with wind pressure alone, he dispersed it.

"Arcueid, you're still sloppy," he reprimanded.

I growled, "Shut up, you old bastard!" I yelled with anger.

"Quell your rage; you wouldn't want to go insane now, would you?" He asked me

"I won't go insane fighting you; you're not worth it, you old fart!" I yelled

He smiled at me. "As vulgar as always," he stated.

It was as if he teleported behind me and suddenly punched me in the back. My eyes felt as if they were going to pop out of my head. I fell over, struggling to even stand.

Arcueid, you need to quit trying to do things you can't do. Stop trying to fight the Night of Wallachia. Leave it to people who can." Kischur stated 

I managed to get back onto my feet and exhaled, "Without me, they can't win!" I yelled 

"That may be true, but you can't win. Tell me, what do you have that others don't? You can summon the crimson moon, but other than that, what do you bring to the table?" I was asked

"Guts..." I snarled 

"That may not be good enough; you are too full of yourself!" Kischur calmly said

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be full of myself? After all, I am myself!" I yelled at him.

I sprinted towards him and went to attack. He saw my approach and decided to go for a neck chop, but I ducked under it and slashed at his stomach. It barely grazed him, but I proved that I am not just direct. I jumped back to safety, getting a smile from him.

"Maybe you have changed," I was told.

"Arcueid I don't know if I can support you, but I'll help you fight!" Sacchin yelled 

"Yeah, let's do this together!" I said 

"Then I'll help you as well," Ryougi calmly said as she pulled her dagger out.

"Bwahahaha!" Kischur laughed 

"What's so funny!?" I yelled at him.

He smirked at me. "You have friends," he told me.

"And so what?" I asked, preparing to fight.

Before, you always wanted to fight things on your own, and I thought you were only trying to fight the Night of Wallachia to get stronger, but now I see you are trying to help friends," he said.

"You don't know a thing about me." I growled 

Ryougi suddenly attacked Kischur on the left, so I attacked on the left, but he blocked both of us. "Sloppy..." he pointed out, but that was our intention.

Sacchin ran in and grabbed onto him, getting ready to front suplex him. All of a sudden, he vanished to a perch above us.

"That girl is a grappler and a vampire on caliber with dead apostles, so I better not get grabbed," Kischur stated.

"Old Man, why are you getting in my way, and why tell me I shouldn't get involved with my sister when she attacked me?" I asked 

"Look, I don't think you are ready. You have gone too far. You have been pushing yourself," he told me.

"You can't decide whether or not she fights or not!" Sacchin yelled

"She stole her hair and power!" Kischur reminded me that was true; she should be stronger than me, but I can't let that get to me.

"Well, that is true, but you can't tell me I can't fight. I will kick your ass and fight anyways because that's what I want. I won't let you get in my way!" I said

He glared at me and sighed with annoyance. "You can't beat me," he said.

"I maybe can't, but the three of us can!" I stated

"No, even if the three of you used your best attacks against me, it would be years before you could beat me," he said.

Kischur definitely was egging me on, but it was working. I need to beat him, though if I don't, I can't defeat my sister. I need this for myself, and I need this so I can help Sion and battle her more and more.

What else can I really do other than that?

"Why do you think you can beat me? Usually you would have backed down by now!" Kischur stated

"I don't think I can beat you; I just think we have to try. Sure, we may lose, but if I don't give it my all, then I can't face the others!" I said 

"Woah, you have grown mature," he stated.

I glared at him and prepared to attack once again, but he walked away. I wondered why he turned his back to us and asked, "Where are you going?" I asked him

He didn't reply; he kept on walking until he got a good distance away from us and turned around. "You can fight," He told me.

"Wait really!?" I asked him cheerfully.

"Yes, but hear me out; you need to look into yourself more; you aren't living up to your potential!" He told me

I knew that I hadn't been doing things the way my sister or father would, but why would it matter? Why can't I be as strong as them? What is the reason he needs me to do this?

As he vanished, I thought to myself, Am I truly awake?