Last Laugh

Shiki pov: Everyone was separated, so our original battle plan is null and void at this point. Kishima was standing before me, laughing.

"The final battle commenced. Who do you think is going to die first?" He asks

"None of us!" I shout at him.

"Do you sense that?" He questioned

"Sense what?" I ask.

"Kohaku's life is fading," he replied.

"Her life..." I mumbled

My mystic eyes began to see her death lines vanish, which isn't a good sign because even in death, death lines should not disappear since everything has them.

"You already are fighting a losing battle, and yet it barely has been five minutes and you all are already dying!" He laughed

His laughter hit me, and I began to laugh as well, which made him stop.

"What's so funny!?" He asked

"The fact that you think Kohaku will die so easily-no, the fact that you think all of us will die easily!" I shout

"But you will die," he replied.

I clutched my Nanatsu-Yoru and sighed, "I'll kill you here and now." I said

"Just try it!" He yelled

Kouma ran at me as fast as possible. "Flash Sheath: Single Strike" I lunged forward as well and slashed, but he dodged the attack, ending up hitting me with a flaming projectile.

"Urk...Damn it!" I growl

Kishima went to grab me, but he hit my afterimage, and I appeared behind him with "Flash Run: Six Fish." I hit him with a strong rising kick, and he flew into the air but landed on his feet.

"Flash Run: Double Strike" I quickly slid on the ground, sweeping him off his feet. He quickly decended, almost crushing my throat with his hand, but I managed to dodge in time before fatal damage was done.

"You really aren't letting up!" He laughs

"Die!!!" I screamed

"Flash Sheath: Eight Piercings" I tried to hit him with an overhead slash, but he was way too fast for me to hit with my attacks.

"Hey...idiot switch!" Nanaya yelled

"Are you sure you're ready!?" I ask

"Of course, if we don't switch, you'll die!" He said

I ripped my glasses off and switched to Nanaya's "Flash Sheath: Seven Nights!" I launched forward and slashed Kishima, managing to cut him, but the cut was only shallow. He somehow shifted his death lines.

"Nice try!" He laughed before grabbing my face and blasting my face with fire. Instead of crushing my skull and just killing me, he threw me away, but I couldn't see much since my face was burned badly. "Try to kill me!!!" He laughed before punching me in the stomach, incinerating my shirt, and launching me backwards into trees and a stone wall.

"Ugh....Nanaya?" I questioned it as I realized we had switched back somehow.

Kouma came from above, going to punch me. "It's over!" He yelled

"Flash Sheath: Eight Points" I used this technique and rapid-slashed, but since I can't see the death lines properly, I can't kill him by hitting them.

He swiped upward, sliced open my scar, and also burned that area, initiating my anemia immediately.

"Gah-Hahahahahahahaahah!" I laugh

Kishima glared at me as blood leaked from me in an excessive amount. He was angry. "Why are you laughing!?" He screamed before stomping on my left arm, presumably breaking it.

"Aurah! Hahahahaahaha!" I laughed

"Stop laughing!" He screamed

He underarmed and swiped, ending up hitting me with an eruption of fire. I was sent into the air. The pain in my arm and chest actually made my vision a little less blurry since I was a bit more focused on the pain of that and not my face.

"Dieeeeeeeeeeee!" Kouma yelled as he came from above me and tried to hit me with a strong overhand. I felt the heat and knew I didn't have time to react, but I had to, or I would actually die.

I barely managed to roll out of the way of his attack, slightly hitting my face and searing the skin off my head.

I wrapped my legs around his arm and held him in place as we began to whisper, "You are trying to die with me!" He questioned, but we both knew I would be the only one that would die; he would lose an arm, but I would take the brunt of the damage.

I cut the death line in his arm. His entire body began to break, so he ended up severing his own arm so it wouldn't spread.

I hit the ground roughly on my back, rocks tearing into my skin as I flipped to my feet. Kouma landed as well, looking at me.

"You're a wreck," he commented.

"But I'll still win..." I pant

I ran as fast as I could, so quickly that there were clones of me that appeared, but Kishima just obliterated them with a swipe of fire. I jumped back to dodge it. I was, however, defenseless, and as I was airborne, a rock flew at me and hit my right leg, completely mangling it. I landed on my feet, somehow standing on it.

I tried to take a step forward but fell to my knees, throwing up right after due to the excruciating pain.

"You lose," Kishima said as he began to walk slowly towards me.

"I'll end this with this attack." I groan

"You can't do that," he said.

I got back on my feet, applying as little pressure to my leg as I possibly could. "Testify: Seventeen Dissection..." I launched forward and past Kishima, slashing him like I did with Arcueid in the past. Kouma's body was rendered into seventeen pieces.

"I-I win..." I mumbled

I have to go help everyone else, but I...

Third Person

Shiki passed out due to his injuries, and as he did, he was approached by a red-haired maiden.

"We really didn't need to step in." Alice comments with a bit of surprise as Aoko places the glasses back on Shiki's face.

"He is quite strong..." Aoko mentioned

"So why are we even here?" Alice asks

"We are giving him first aid, and when I say we, I mean Soujuurou is doing it!" Aoko replied

"His body already should be recovering fast because he has been reinforced with a familiar..." Alice mentions

"We may need him to get up faster unless you actually want us to intervene." Aoko told her

"You really hold high regard for this boy." Alice points out

"Yeah... I remember when he was a little boy trying to claw his eyes out; the only reason I gave him the mystic eye killers was to screw with Touko." Aoko laughed

"You always have an ulterior motive..." Alice sighed

Time until Shiki recovers: 15 minutes