What Makes us Human

Third person: The sun finally rose but Arcueid and Riesbyfe decided to stay with Sion and Satsuki until it became cloudy and they could move freely. For some reason. Arihiko didn't want to leave either. He reached down and pet the white cat all the time, not looking away from Satsuki, he saw blood dripping from her wounds and felt awful.

"We should probably go our separate ways to recover" Arcueid sighed, not wanting to get into another battle.

"Ries, Saachin, and I can go to the flat" Sion said as she let out a huge exhale. Arcueid nodded "I should be fine at the Tohno estate, even so, I probably should stay with you", she yawned.

" Arcuied you can sleep on the couch in the flat, that's fine" Riesbyfe stated as she let Sion lean on her.

"Actually, I'll meet you at the flat. I want to walk Arihiko home since Vampires may be on the prowl", Satsuki said. The three thought about it and decided it should be alright.

Riesbyfe's phone started to ring. She pulled it out and took a look at who was calling her. As soon as she saw it was Mario, she immediately cancelled the call while letting out a big sigh "I'm not working today" she proudly stated, getting a weird glance from Sion.

"I didn't think the church alloted days off" Arcueid mocked, rolling her eyes, clearly petty about all the times Ciel had pursued her over the years, "Ciel is a little too, into her job." Riesbyfe sighed, hoping that Noel would be able to change that

"it sucks that I have to regenerate. If I didn't have to I would have fought Ciel" Arcueid said, stretching a little bit

"I'm sure Ciel would love to fight you" Riesbyfe said, standing up. "it looks like the clouds are filling up the sky. I'd say we can head out in five minutes" she said, pulling Sion up, making sure to keep her in the shade.

Sion pov: We continued to talk for five minutes as the clouds filled the horizon with a grey blanket covering the wretched sun. I immediately ran out of the alley so I could stretch.

"You are so flexible, Sion" Riesbyfe said in a daze as she stared at me. Arcueid just looked at both of us with a dumbfounded expression. " You two are weird" she chuckled as she skipped out of the alley and tackled me. Riesbyfe's eyes started to glow red and a visible aura emanated off of her.

"Get off of Sion" she snarled. Arcueid looked towards her and pulled down her eyelid and stuck her tongue out, mocking her, "I'll kill you!" She shouted. I immediately tried to defuse the situation. " We need her to defeat Wallachia" I said. Riesbyfe let out a sigh as she tried to calm herself down.

"Saachin, I think we will head out now. Be careful and come back as soon as you bring that kid home, okay" I said, she nodded.

Satauki pov: Arihiko and I started walking towards his home. We were in complete silence. I didn't know what to say to him, but I let out a sigh before talking.

"I'm disappointed I didn't want you to see me like this..." I said, looking at the ground and clasping my stomach trying to stop the blood from pouring out.
"Saachin, I'm just happy you're alive. I was worried when you stopped showing up to school" he said in an optimistic tone.

I just looked back towards him. I didn't sense any malicious intent in his words. He looked genuinely worried about me. He didn't see me as a Vampire. "Arihiko, I've killed people. Will you still call me your friend after knowing this?" I spat before there was a deafening silence.

"I have to condemn you for that, but I understand your suffering. You need blood to survive and I know you aren't a heartless creature" he nonchalantly said, trying to act cool. I stopped dead in my tracks as we reached the park where Shiki had tried to kill me.