Special Chapter: Akiha's Birthday #2

Akiha pov: "Happy Birthday, Lady Akiha," Kohaku said as she popped a party popper into the air.

"It is your special day, so what would you like to do?" Hisui asked me

"Can I just spend time with you two?" I asked 

"Sure?" The two of them said with surprise that I wanted to be alone with them.

"What do you have in store for today?" I asked

"Well, we need to make you your morning tea first, and then we can partake in birthday activations," Hisui said.

"No need; can you please get Nii-san out of the house, and then we can immediately begin with the festivities?" I calmly spoke.

"Are you sure you don't want your morning tea?" Kohaku asked me

"If you want to make it for me, go ahead; it is just that I don't want to overwork you since it is my birthday and all," I said.

"Akiha—you seem different today," Kohaku mentioned.

I began to feel my face grow red. "Kohaku, have you noticed?" I questioned 

"Yes, you are sweeter than usual," Kohaku mentioned.

"Sweeter than usual, huh?" I sighed 

Kohaku laughed, "I'm joking, you are really sweet!" She patted me on the back and then slightly hugged me.

"Onee-chan..." Hisui mumbled with a hint of jealousy.

"Sorry, sis, let's go kick Shiki out of the house," Kohaku said.

The two of them left me alone on my own devices. I noticed Kohaku had begun to brew me tea anyway. "Why are you like this?" I mumbled happily.

I felt soft hands cover my eyes gently. "Guess who!" Kohaku said as they returned.

"Kohaku and Hisui," I said gently.

"Ehhh, I'd prefer you to say Hisui and Kohaku!" Hisu said

"Yeah, I agree," Kohaku said.

"Okay, Hisui and Kohaku!" I guess correcting my previous error in what I said

"That is right!" Kohaku said chipperly.

Hisui brought over my morning tea and placed it in front of me. "Enjoy," she said.

"Thank you," I calmly said.

"I'm surprised you want us present today; we thought you'd want to relax." Kohaku said 

"Well, you two are special to me," I said.

"You are special to us too!" Kohaku said 

"Very special to us," Hisui said.

I don't know what I'd do without those two. To be honest, they've been with me for longer than I can remember, and they have stuck by my side. Yeah, they betrayed me, but I understand, and that doesn't make me hate them; it actually makes me care about them more.

"Lady Akiha, we baked a cake for you," Hisui said to me.

"Oh... really?" I asked 

"Yes, Kohaku, and I spent a lot of time on it," Hisui replied.

Kohaku brought in the cake; it was frosted in a really fancy way. Every part of the design was attentive; there were no mistakes to be seen, and it was so well made that I honestly began to tear up. "Thank you two!" I told them cheerfully, showing my gratitude to them.

"I did most of the cooking," Kohaku claimed. I assumed that was the case anyway.

"I decorated it!" Hisui chimed

I laughed as they seemed to be having a sisterly competition in order to impress me right now.

"Let's blow out the candles," I said.

"We have to light them first!" Kohaku told me

She had mecha. Hisu lights the candles. "Make a wish and blow them out!" Kohaku said 

I took a deep breath and blew the candles out, only for them to relight "trick candles." I mumbled 

"Yeah!" Kohaku laughed 

I finally managed to put the candles out and then looked at the twins.

"What happened?" I asked as I noticed their expressions.

"Hisui and I actually forgot to get you a present." Kohaku said 

"Yeah, sorry, we just had a lot of work to do and we couldn't go out to town to get you a gift," Hisui said to me.

I nodded. "I know what you two can do," I said to them.

"What is it?" Kohaku asked me

I told her and Hisui to stand in an odd way, face to face but somewhat at an angle, so they'd be turned towards me. I stood up and then walked over to them before pressing my lips to both of theirs, making sure to kiss both of them.

"That is enough of a present for me," I told them.

"Lady Akiha!?" Hisui and Kohaku said this in shock.

"I've kissed you both before, and also, didn't I tell you not to call me Lady Akiha?" I asked

"You did..." Kohaku said to me.

"Thank you for taking care of us," Hisui said.

"No—thank you for being the best maid and showing me I still have a lot of fields to grow in!" I said to her

Hisui and Kohaku began to blush in a cutesy way. My heart skipped a beat at seeing them being so cute. I don't understand how it took me so long to figure out my feelings for them.

"By the way, why did you ask us to kick Master Shiki out?" Kohaku asked 

"Yeah, I would like to know too," Hisui said.

"Well, you see, I'd rather be alone with you two than have my brother distract me from you since you know how I get around him," I mentioned.

"So you're saying you want us to spend time with you?" Kohaku said 

I began to blush so much that I felt as if I were in vermillion mode. "Yes," I said.

I can't believe they read me like a book they saw through me. They know I love them so much, and they are willing to call me out on it.

"Akiha is a huge softie," Kohaku giggled.

"Shush!" I yelled, I'm the birthday girl, and they are teasing me on purpose.

Hisui and Kohaku suddenly kissed me once on each cheek. I couldn't help but smile.

"Let's have cake..." I told them in a daze.

They nodded, and we continued to have our party.

*A/N: Happy Birthday Akiha Tohno 9/22