Part 76

After they broke the hug Zaid smiled at her, and waited for her answer, so she nob her head in yes.

Zarin then instructed Zaid to shoke the rice and dal in different bowls for 10 minutes, and then wash them under running water, and then put dal in pressure cooker and allow three whistles to blow and rice on the burner on slow flame.

After this work was done, Zaid again went towards her and told her to give her a quick peak as his salary. Zarin smiled at him and hold his face between her hands and kissed him on his forehead and then gave a quick peak.

Zaid smiled and kissed her forehead and then asked

Zaid: princess now tell me what I'm suppose to do next.

Zarin smiled at him and said

Zarin: Zaidji please put me down

Zaid gave a look saying I won't.

Zarin knew it is impossible to convince him so she said

Zarin: Zaidji give me this small bowl and the packet of semolina along with non stick pan

Zaid nob at her, and handed her the bowl and packet first, then he hold the pan and stood in front of her.

Zarin took the measurements of the bowl and then turn the bowl in pan and said

Zarin: Zaidji now put this non stick pan on burner keeping the flame slow and roast it dry with the help of spatula.

Zaid did as Zarin instructed him, after the semolina turn light brown, she told Zaid to turn off the burner and turn the contain from pan to bowl. Once Zaid did as said, she then said

Zarin: Zaidji now put two or three tablespoon in a small bowl, and give me with a spoon.

Zaid did as instructed by Zarin, thinking that it must be some kind of first step or procedure to be done before the proper cooking starts. Zarin took the bowl which Zaid handed her, and filling the spoon with semolina she eat it. Zaid was shock to see this, so he quickly said

Zaid: Princess why are you eating the uncooked semolina. Let me cook it into proper halwa (pudding) and then you eat.

Zarin looked at him and gave the reason, that why she is eating like this.

Zarin: Zaidji I like eating like this, because my aami never allowed me to eat halwa so I used to always eat like this thinking it is the finish product.

Zaid looked at her in shock, and she lowered her head, thinking Zaid would be disgusted by her this food habit, and a single tear roll down her cheeks, and at that same time, Zaid kept his hand on hers, to hold it, but that single tear drop fell on Zaid's hand. Zaid never said a word, but slowly took the bowl from her hand and kept aside with his free hand, and then slowly hugged her, she too wrap her hands around his waist and cried on his chest.

Zaid allowed her to sob, knowing it will take some time for her to change her habits, he slowly moved his one hand on her head and second on her back. After few minutes she stopped sobbing and broken the hug, and then looked at Zaid.

Zaid gave her a soft smile and took the bowl in his hand and fill the semolina in the spoon and eat it. Zarin was shock and quickly said

Zarin: What are you doing Zaidji?

Zaid smiled at her and kissed her forehead and said

Zaid: Princess when you can eat, I thought even I should try.

Zarin hold his hand which was holding the spoon and said in a pleading tone

Zarin: Zaidji you please don't eat this raw.