Chap 4

After Zaid left the conference room Saad made Mahira follow her to his cabin. Once they entered Saad's cabin he gestured her to sit down, Saad sat on his chair behind the glass table, and Mahira opposite him. 

Saad removed the pen cap and opened the file which was already kept ready on his table which had agreement papers to sign. Mahira too signs them and Saad handed a copy of that file to Mahira along with an advance cheque to start the work.

After completing all the formalities Mahira stood up to leave the office by greeting "Thank you Mr. Khan, and meet you the day after tomorrow. Khuda hafiz." 

She was just about to turn when Saad stops her. "Miss Malik, I would like it if you call me Saad instead of Mr. Khan as I am quite younger than you." 

It was for the first time that Saad gave anyone this permission to call him by his name except for his brother. Even the maids of the house use to call him as chote saheb. There was something in Mahira which attracted the Khan brothers but they did not understand. 

Mahira smiled at him and said, "then even you have to call me aapi instead of Miss Maik." This word aapi brought a smile to Saad's face, because he was too young when their mother passed away and they had no sisters. 

He uses to carve for motherly love though both his elder brother used to love him and had pampered and spoiled him but then too he wanted a woman in his life in a form of mother, sister or sister in law. Who could give her that motherly love which he always missed. 

Saad quickly accepted this deal of calling her aapi. When he uttered the word "Ok Aapi" there was shine and tears in his eyes but he quickly masked it up and walked across from his table towards Mahira and followed Mahira till the elevator to greet her goodbye for the day.

After Mahira left, Saad made his way to Zaid's cabin after a knock and hearing "come in" he entered his cabin. Zaid was busy in his file and Saad clear his throat with Uhh... Uhh.. then raising his browns and in a teasing tone he said "I saw someone gazing at a beautiful girl today."

Kya baat hai bhai, love, at first sight, ho gaya kya? (is it, love, at first sight) Zaid who was still busy in a file quickly raised his head on hearing Saad's comment and a small smile made its way.

Zaid quickly cleared his throat and said, "No Saad it is not love. But here is something which I can't figure out. I want to do friendship with her, care for her, protect her. It is a weird feeling. It is sometimes which I never felt for any girl like this ever before. I don't know what is this but I can say this is not the love for a companion it is a love for a friend." 

Hearing this Saad started moving his fingers on his cheeks on an imaginary beard and said. "even I don't know bhai but there is something unique about her. She is not like those girls who drool over us and are gold diggers." And Zaid nobs his head in acceptance while thinking about Mahira. 

They both were brought off their thoughts of Mahira when they heard a knock on the door. Zaid said "come in" in his husky voice and his PA Mr. Jabbar came in with a file which had certain quotations and both the brothers got back busy with their work. 

These days Zaid and Saad were handling the business as Asad was out of the country for a new deal. Though there was no need for him to go and he could work it out through video conference but it was his two brothers who wanted him to go out of the country and have a change from his monotonous working life.

The remaining day when busy with the work they had. It was 6.30 in the evening when they left the office to go home.

*************

On the other hand, when Mahira walked off the elevator the first thing she did was to remove her phone from her bag and call Zarin. After two rings Zarin picked up her call. "Asslam Walikum aapi what happened? how was your meeting? Were they impressed by your work? Did you get the deal?" And before she could speak more Mahira interrupted her, "Walikum Asslam easy princess..easy let me speak at least." 

Hearing Mahira, Zarin quickly hit her forehead with her palm and smiled at her behavior. "I m sorry aapi' she whispered but audible enough for Mahira to hear.

"It's ok princess I called you to say that yes I got the deal and even the advance cheque." Zarin jumped from her sit in excitement and shouted " Yeehh my aapi is the best, Aapi I want a party today itself" she said like a small kid. 

 "Ok princess so today my princess is carving for which ice cream?" Mahira said as she knew Zarin too well "how did you know aapi I want ice cream" Zarin asked innocently. 

"Come on princess I know you more than you know yourself right," Mahira said and then both chuckled on it.

"Yes aapi and you know you are the best aapi in this world," Zarin said with a smile on her face. "Ok so we will decide at ice parlor which one to have." Mahira said while seeing her watch on her wrist as she quickly had to rush for her office and also to give them all the instructions and  the good news of getting this contract.

"princess I will come to pick you up and then we will go to ice cream parlor, Deal." Mahira said and the reply to what she got from Zarin was "pakka wala deal." Aapi I have to go as a new patient has just walked in so Khuda hafiz aapi" saying this Zarin hang up the call and Mahira mumbled Khuda hafiz and too walk towards her car. 

She sat in her car and took off towards her office. After lunch, she had a meeting with her staff members and after the announcement of getting the contract of Khan Industries, everyone was very happy and excited to start their work as it was a great pride to work with Khan Industries. 

The remaining day went too busy for all as they had very little time left. It was 6.00 in the evening when Mahira left the office to go and pick up Zarin and go to the ice cream parlor first.