Chap 3

Mahira parked her Platinum Silver color Tata Tiago in the parking area of the building and then walked towards the entrance of the building. Once she crosses the security check she headed towards the receptionist and stood there. The receptionist smiled slightly at her and asked, "Good morning ma'am, how can I help you?"

Mahira replied with a small smile, "Good morning, I'm Mahira Malik I have an appointment with Mr. Zaid Khan."

The receptionist look at her and smiled saying, Wait a minute ma'am I will inform sir." Mahira quietly waited there on a black leather sofa and in no time the receptionist informs her to take the elevator and go to the 18th floor. Mahira entered the elevator and pressed the button on the 18th floor and waited patiently while praying to Allah that Mr. Zaid should like her designs and this project should be given to them.

The elevator door opened and she came out being confident in herself. A man who was approx. of her age stood in front of her and wished her "good morning Miss Malik, this way please" and she walked following him to the conference room.

The door of the conference room was opened by Mr. Jabbar and he entered in followed by Mahira. It was a small room with 8 leather black chairs. It seems like a personal conference room only to do some private meetings.

The was a huge smart TV on the wall and the walls were white. Mahira observed the room and concluded that Mr. Zaid likes black color a lot. Mahira looked at the man waiting for him to introduce himself.

Jabbar notice her expression and then he introduced himself as Jabbar Shaikh stating that he is the PA of Mr. Khan. He then said to her politely, "Ma'am please take a sit as Sir would be here in 5 minutes." She nobs and sat down on the chair and observed the conference room there was a small seal pack bottle of water kept in front of her. She opened the seal and drank it as she was getting nervous being all alone in that room.

Though the room was quite comfortable her nervousness was because she was meeting Mr. Zaid Khan a multi-billionaire for the first time. She had heard about him that he is a ruthless and arrogant person. Mahira closed her eyes and recite her dua's to calm down herself.

After around 5 minutes, she heard the doorknob was rolled and a devilishly handsome man in a black color Armani suit came in front of her followed by three more men behind him. Out of which one was Mr. Jabbar and the other two she did not know. His aura spoke of authority and power. She quickly stood up from her chair and greeted him, "asslamwalikum" the man replied in his husky voice "walikumasslam."

Zaid's eyes were so mesmerizing they were cold when he entered but it softened once Mahira and Zaid's gaze was locked with each other. She took his appearance he was around 6'2 tall muscular yet lean body his suit fitted his body like a second skin, his sharp-pointed nose, plump pale pink lips with a chiseled jawline and jet black hair, and dark brown eyes. Soon realization hit her that she was gazing at a non-mahram she averted her gaze and mumbled astaghfirullah silently under her breath.

But this did not go unnoticed by Zaid as he was very good at reading lips. A small smile formed on his lips but he quickly masked it up with his straight face as he too was gazing at her as she was in her black pants white shirt and pink coat along with pink hijab. She was looking mesmerizing in it her fair skin and natural pink lips could drive anyone crazy

 She was looking mesmerizing in it her fair skin and natural pink lips could drive anyone crazy

( Mahira's look )

Zaid introduced Mahira to the other two people who too were also in black color suits. Zaid introduced Saad who was his younger brother first and then the in-charge person Mr. Khanna who would coordinate with Mahira and her team. Mahira greeted both of them and after that Zaid sat down gesturing Mahira to sit down.

She handed the file to Mr. Zaid first which had the same presentation print out and then taking his permission to start she started her presentation it took nearly 2 hours to explain the whole concept to them as they were not only doing the interiors of the walls and furniture but also were doing with automation.

When she reached the slide of automation, She took a pause for a second and look at their faces and when Zaid nob at her to continue she started explaining again that what do you mean by Building automation.

(Building automation is the automatic centralized control of a building's , electrical, , shading, , , and other interrelated systems through a . The objectives of building automation are improved occupant comfort, efficient operation of building systems, reduction in energy consumption, reduced operating and maintaining costs, increased security, historical performance documentation, remote access/control/operation, and improved life cycle of equipment and related utilities. Building automation is an example of a - the of electronic devices designed to monitor and control the systems in a building.)

She also explained how non of the section will close when they will do work as they will merge the furniture in such a way that two sections can do their work together without disturbing each other.

Zaid was highly impressed by Mahira but he could not show this in front of his employees as he had a image to maintain. But seeing Mahira he felt to do friendship with her, to protect her, to take care of her. He never felt like this for any girl before. He was seeing a girl who was confident but not on her looks but in her work. She was passionate and determined.

After completing her presentation she waited near the screen to check if any questions came her way so that she could explain. But she was surprise that nobody questioned her.

When Zaid saw her still standing near the projector screen so he said politely, "Miss Malik have a sit." And gesture Jabbar to bring her one more bottle of water. She quietly waited for Zaid's reaction.

Zaid stood up from the chair and said, "Congratulation Miss Malik the deal is confirmed" and look towards Saad and said "Saad complete all the formalities," and turning back to Mahira he said, "you can start the work from the day after tomorrow." Saying this he left the room.