Chap 7

( Mahira's and Zarin's bedroom ☝️ )

After entering home Zarin and Mahira change into their comfortable clothes. Mahira made Zarin lie on the bed and she went to the kitchen to prepare dinner. When she was done she came back to the bedroom to wake Zarin as she knew how tired she gets these days and might have gone to sleep. 

While having dinner Zarin looked at Mahira and said, I'm sorry aapi for all that happened at the ice cream parlor." and tears rolled down her eyes. Mahira quickly stood up from the chair which was head of the family and sat beside her. 

Whipping her hands with tissue, She held Zarin's face in her hands and whipped her tears and said, "its ok princess. I can understand."

"Aapi you know that man, what was his name? Yeah, remainder Zaid Khan said that he is your friend and forwarded his hand to do friendship. After seeing his hands I got scared and that's why..," and tears again roll down her cheeks. 

Mahira chuckled a little at her, as to how childish her behavior was but quickly hugged her and move her hand on Zarin's back to calm down her. She kissed Zarin's forehead and said, "Partly yes princess because he is the same Zaid Khan whose contract I got today and we went out to celebrate." 

Hearing this Zarin panicked and more tears made their way down her chubby cheeks and asked, "Aapi he will not take the contract back from you. He won't punish you because of my behavior" as she was scared to her core for Mahira and her success. 

Mahira was her savior Both Mahira and Zarin could do anything and everything for each other. It was difficult for Mahira to stop her from crying, but she somehow manages it and made her eat food with her own hands.

Though the age gap between Mahira and Zarin was not much, she uses to always treat Zarin as her daughter. She was Mahira's princess. Mahira could not ask for more than this to Allah at this stage of her life where she was completely alone.

After cleaning the kitchen and doing their daily routine they prayed their Isa namaz and then watch TV for some time It was almost 11 pm when they headed to their bedroom to sleep. 

Sleep was engulfed by Zarin as Mahira was running her hand smoothly in her hair to make her feel relax. But sleep was no were near Mahira as she kept thinking about what happened today. 

She was sure that in her next meeting with Zaid, she might have to answer his question but she was too was scared about how will she manage the situation if he got annoyed by today's behavior of Zarin. After a lot of twisting and turning finally sleep engulfed her.

************

After reaching Khan Mansion both the brothers headed to their respective rooms. After changing Saad made a call to one of his best men to get the information about Mahira and Zarin and then lied on the bed still thinking about them. 

Whereas Zaid after changing when to the study room and started working on a project file to keep himself busy from thinking about Mahira and Zarin but it was not helping him at all. Zarin's face was continuously coming in front of his eyes. 

A knock on the door made him come out of his trance. one of the maids came to inform him about the dinner. Bi Jaan was the senior-most maid who was in her mid 50's serve them the food. All three Khan brothers would respect a lot of Bi Jaan as she was working there before they were born. She was an alone survivor in her family and was staying with the Khan brothers throughout her life.  

The dinner went incomplete silent. After having dinner Saad went back to his room as his mobile indicated as a notification that he has received an email which was the information about Mahira and Zarin. 

He quickly switched on his the AppleMacBook Pro Ultrabook laptop and removed a printout of the email along with their photo. He was shocked would be an understatement when he read Mahira's information. 

After composing himself he put all the papers in a file and headed towards Zaid who was sitting on a chair in the living room hall which was cream in color and spoke luxury. Saad came in there but not before asking for 2 cups of coffee for maids to make. Saad sat on a chair next to Zaid with a file in his hand.

Seeing Saad, Zaid asked " Mahira aur uski princess ki information hai" (Is it information about Mahira and her princess) Saad nob his head in yes

"tum ne padi" (did you read) he again nob his head

"To bataomuje kya hai is mai ki tumare zuban par tala lag gaya hai." (So tell me what isit that made you pin drop silence.) 

Saad handed over the file to Zaid who openit and saw Mahira's and Zarin's pic. A smile broke on his face though Zarin'spic was in veil her eyes were speaking volumes. 

Zaid creases her photo with histhumb and gesture Saad to start. Saad took a deep breath and started. 

Bhai let me inform you about Mahira first. 

Name: Mahira Amjad Malik                           

Age: 24                Status: Divorcee 

Qualification: - Graduate in fine arts and Post Graduate Diploma Certificate in Interior Designing.  

She ran away from her house to marry the person she loved at the age of 19. But that person never turned up. She waited for him the whole day and then finally return home. 

Her parents were humiliated because of her so they made her get married to Hassan Khan who was double her age. He was 39. Initial days things were good between them but after six months he started demanding money from Mahira and her parents. 

Mr. Amjad gave him nearly 75 lakhs rupees but then too he was not satisfied and started torturing Mahira mentally and physically. He used to drink and beat her like animals worse than that with his belts and hunters. 

He abused her saying that she can not conceive and is baanjh (sterile). Mahira could not take this anymore and then divorce him and came back to her father's house after two years of her marriage. 

She completed her further studies and join her dad's firm that is Malik Interiors. Two months before her parents died in a car accident and she was left all alone. She took over as the Boss in the Malik Interiors and her employees are very happy with her. She is a great boss. 

Saad stopped as the maid came with coffee and kept it on the table. Saad took a sip of it and then continue after the maid was gone.

"Bhai there is something fishy about Zarin." and Zaid raised his browns and said "Speak" Saad nob this head and started. "Nobody knows about Zarin."  

Zarin came as Mahira's sister in her life after her parents were dead. She started staying with her just one month ago. Mahira said that she was staying at their aunt's place from the time she was born as her aunt had no kids. 

Her mother loved her sister a lot and gave Zarin to her as she too was sterile. Nobody has seen Zarin in her childhood also as she never came here to stay in their house not even on vacation. 

It was the first time last month when Mahira introduced Zarin as her sister to everyone in her building society and her office.

So, in short, we don't have any information about Zarin and she is still a mystery to us. It's only Mahira or Zarin who can tell us about her true identity and her past. 

Zaid closes his eyes and open them again and with a smile, he said, "now it will be Mahira who will not only give us the required information about Zarin but also make her marry me."