Chapter 2: Meeting

I woke up and it was around 11:23 am.

I took my phone off charge and brought it to my face and checked the notifications I had received a text from Sam but I wasnt going to look at it just yet. I wanted to get ready incase they wanted to meet today or something. I got up out if bed and went to my shower. I turned on the shower before unchanging and getting in under the hot water.

The water scalded my body and I honestly enjoyed the pain. My bathroom fogged up while I started washing my body, shaving and washing my hair. After about 30 minutes in the shower I got out. I went back into my room with a towel around me and I realised I had clothes in the drier I had to sort out and I knew that my favourite black lace top was in there. I exited my room and walked out into the living room so I could walk to the laundry room.

Something then caught my eye. I stopped in my tracks and turned to face the couches in my living room.

Sam and Colby were fucking sitting in our living room. What the fuck. I gripped onto my towel tighter just froze in shock. Sams head popped up from his phone and his stare connected with me in a towel. Nothing but a towel wrapped around my body.

Sam speaks up
"Hey Eden. I hope you dont mind Keeley let us in. I just thought it would be easier to meet here since Keeley also texted me your address."
"Of course she did." I said under my breath. "I need to go get dressed and sort my hair out. Ill be back in a little bit." I quickly walked over to the laundry room got my shirt and literally nearly sprinted back to my bedroom. Why would Keeley let them in and not even tell me?!

————

I sorted my hair out and got changed into my lacey black top, beige cargo pants and then some doc martin boots. I accessorised a bit with some silver jewellery and went to back into the living room. They were all chatting and I just sat down next to Keeley on the opposite couch to what the boys were sat on.

"So what I was thinking we could go to this cemetery that The Night Stalker stayed at when he was younger. I think it would be pretty cool for ghost activity."
Me and Keeley nod in agreement.
Colby wasnt looking up from his phone. He seemed to just be scrolling for days on end. I thought it was quite ignorant because he is gonna have to be there because it cant be Sam and Colby without either Sam or Colby.

We were just chatting for a while about random shit.
"Hey, Im hungry you guys want food?" I ask to the room
"Yess! Im starving!" Keeley exclaims.
"Okay what do you want?"
"McDonnalds?" Sam asks.
"McDonnalds it is then." I start tapping away at my phone and started ordering my food. I passed it to Keeley to order hers and then she passed it to Sam and Sam passed it to Colby. When we finished ordering the total came out to about $60.

Its gonna make a slight dent in my bank account but I wasn't too fussed right now. I submitted the order and it said it would be here in about 20 minutes. Quite quick for LA traffic.

—————

We all finished eating and I just had my drink left.
"So when are we going to this cemetery?" I ask because I didnt catch the date that we would be going.
"Tonight hopefully," Sam looks up from his empty fries packet and looks at me and Keeley.
"I mean. We can go if you want Keeley. I have nothing to do tonight."
"Yeah neither."
"Okay. We'll go. What time?"
"Well the place is about an hours drive so we would probably have to leave in about a hour if we want to get there in time."
"Okay!" I said while cleaning up my trash from my food. I started collecting everybody elses and I come to Colbys trash and he finally looks up from his phone to look at me.

"I'll clean it, dont worry Eden."
"Oh right. Now you decide to acknowledge my existence."
I roll my eyes at him and just clean up his shit anyways. He seriously probably hasn't even looked up from his phone. Yeah I get he might be famous and all but seriously? Whats so important that you need to be scrolling on your phone for about 4 hours. Jesus.

I take the stuff to the trash can in the kitchen. I clean out the cups also that were on the coffee table. Keeley left the boys and started talking to me while drying the cups I just washed.
"Hey you okay?" Keeley questions.
"Yeah. Im- Im fine." I say but my voice cracks. Tears sting at my eyes. I guess all the trauma from being around boys is coming back to bite me.

Flashback
*
"Shut the fuck up you slut. Your fucking worthless. You probably fuck my friends for some loose change."

Elijah's words stung me. I honestly have had enough of this mental and physical abuse for the past 7 months. I have no idea on how to get help though. I just cant live like this for any longer.

Elijah hit me and knocked me unconscious. Thats when I knew I had to get out. Thats when I knew I had to leave and move on for the better. I had enough evidence to send him to jail for a while.

*
End of flashback

I came back to reality from the traumatic flashback I had. I honestly dont know what I did to deserve that kind of abuse and torment. Im still not recovered. Its been a year. Elijah is in jail for 12 months. But only 12 months. It feels like nothing. He gets 12 months for beating a woman unconscious but when I was knocked out I felt as though I wasnt going to wake up.

And I didnt know if I wanted to.

I place down the cup I was holding back into the soapy water and hug Keeley tightly. The boys could probably see from the living room into the kitchen due to the open layout of our apartment. I sobbed quietly on Keeleys shoulder. I genuinely feel like I dont belong anywhere. I pulled back away from Keeley after standing there for about 2 or 3 minutes.
"I look dreadful dont I?" I question jokingly knowing the answer
"No!" Keeley giggles while dragging both her thumbs under my eyes to wipe the wet mascara from under them.
"I love you Eden." She says while placing her hands on my shoulders shaking me gently.
"I love you." I hug her quickly and I pull back and say;
"Im gonna go sort myself out. Ill be back in a moment."

I rush away from everybody and go back into my bedroom. I sort out my mascara and eyeliner and re-conceal under my eyes to try and hide the puffiness. I brush my hair and put a jacket over me.

I take a few deep breaths in the mirror and walk out my bedroom.

"You ready to go?" Sam asks.
"Yep." I say reassuringly.

Authors note
Thank you for reading another chapter 🖤 Follow my tiktok!
@chaseatlanticwhoree