Chapter 18: Days

Colbys POV TW for this x

Its been a few days since the pictures got leaked. Me and Eden made sure we werent seen together in public but I was still getting questions about this "Mystery Girl" or this "Fan got lucky" I just think its funny how nobody is suspecting it to be Eden since there were no pictures of her face.

Me and Eden havent had a proper conversation in about 3 days.

Ive asked how she was and if she ate everyday but other than theres not been any sort of conversation.

I kinda want to hang out but I just dont know because of the media. Hollywood Fix are on me like fucking mosquitos trying to get me to spit out this 'mystery girl'

I find it quite entertaining though.

——————

I pulled up to Eden and Keeleys apartment complex. I walked up to their apartment and knocked.

Keeley answered the door. She stared at me with wide eyes.

"Is Eden home?" I ask. She looks behind her and I hear whispers. I try to angle myself to try and see further into the apartment through the tiny slither in the door.

"Uhm. She is." Keeley says after a moment.
"Can I come in and speak to her?" I ask. She takes another look behind the door and she looks back to me. She nods and I hear a door slam in the apartment.

"Is Eden okay?" I ask concerned.

"Uhm.." She says dragging the m.
"I think the things the media are saying about her is kinda getting to her." I nod understandingly.

Keeley left me and goes to the kitchen and starts to cut fruit.

I walk over to Edens bedroom door. I knock and wait for a response.

The door opens slightly. Edens face pops up through the gap.

"Can I come in? We need to talk." I say.

"Uhm. We can just talk out in the living room. We dont have to do it in my bedroom." She says unsure. I could hear her voice break saying that.

"We cant stop Keeley from eating. We need to talk in private." I insist.

She looks behind the door and sighs dramatically.

"Fine." She opens the door wider and I come into her room and shut the door behind me.

I see posters all around her room. A few caught my eye. They were screenshots that were printed off and stuck around her room. They consisted of the pictures of us at the club and articles about her. Picking at her imperfections that I turned a blind eye to.

Her imperfections were what made her perfect to me.

"What is all of this Eden?" I ask for clarification.

She looks at the ground. She fidgits with her fingers. I walk over to her and grab her hands.

"Stop Eden." I say holding her hands in mine. She still wasnt looking at me. I dont know whats been going on the past few days.

"Whats wrong Eden?" I ask.

"Everything Colby! Have you not been reading the articles? They are saying Im just some fuck buddy who will never be seen with you again for fucks sake! Ive been literally pulling at my hair because of this shit! All of this! This fucking lifestyle you have! The attention! The girls you can just pick up because of your looks! I cant fucking do any of that! I cant just post a picture of myself and have a million guys wanting to get in my pants!" She says now looking up at me.

Her eyes were glossy. She was tearing up. It broke my heart seeing her like this.

"Look Eden-." I say but she interrupts "What Colby! I cant be fucking doing with this shit! I want to be with you Colby but I just cant right now! I just think you need something, Maybe even someone who is better and deserves you." She pulls away but before she gets too far I grab her arm.

She winces. I dont think I grabbed her that hard did I?

"Shit. Did I hurt you?" I ask realising I mightve done something to make this situation worse.

"No Colby. You didnt do anything. I did it." She says rubbing the cuffs of her sweatshirt she was wearing in between her fingers.

"What did you do Eden?" I ask I think I already knew the answer but I didnt want to believe it.

She slowly pulled up both of the sleeves of her sweatshirt. Shit this was bad.

I held her arm closer to me. Examining the slits all up her arms.

"Was this because of me Eden? Am I causing you to do this to yourself?" I ask. I dont know who caused her to harm herself but I just wanted to end all of this drama in the media about us.

"No. It wasnt your fault Colby. I just dont know what to do with myself Colby." She says. A tear falls from her eye and drips down her cheek.

I pull her in close. I hold the back of her head with one hand against my chest. She burys her face into the nook of my arm and sobs.

I felt so bad. I had to say something. Even if it meant exposing our relationship. I cant see her like this again. It breaks me.

It probably breaks her more than its breaking me. I cant believe she would turn to harming herself instead of talking to Keeley or even Kat. Talking might not be the greatest of help to her but it could just help her not bottle everything up.

"Come on Eden. Lets clean all of these pictures off of the walls." I say still holding her close.

She nods. She pulls away from the hug and I put my thumb against her cheek and wipe her tears. Her eyes were puffy.

——————

We cleaned all the pictures off of the wall and burnt them so she wouldnt see them again. I kissed her on the forehead.

It breaks me to tell her Im going to Kansas soon to go see my parents with Sam.

"Eden?"
"hm?"
"Im leaving in 2 days to go to Kansas with Sam to go see our parents." I say hugging her.
"Okay. Just let me know how it goes." She says with a small smile.

I dip my head down to see her face and kiss her.

Authors Note:

Another update :) Im on my last full week of school before im out for the summer. Ill be able to update more during the summer because ill have loads of free time and shit.

but tysm for 130 reads in total :)
Ilysm 🖤