Chapter 10: Going out

smut in this chapter ;) * will be put before and after if you dont fancy reading it

I got showered and cleaned up. It sorted out my hair by blowdrying it and then straightening it. I put on a cropped black shirt that said 'Nirvana' on it since I'm a huge fan of Nirvana. I put on some mom jeans that were a light blue with rips at the knees.

I also put on some black dr Martins boots and put on a little black shoulder bag with it. Since I knew it was gonna be cold I put on a black north face puffer jacket and left my room after finishing my make up.

Keeley had left to go to her parents house across state and so I was left alone in the apartment for a few days. I dont know how long shes gonna be spending at her parents house but I reckon its gonna be anywhere from  4 days to 6 days since she doesnt see them that often.

Colby: Im outside come out when your ready :)

Colbys text message came through and I was a little nervous. I didnt know what he was going to think about me because of last night.

I got my keys and left the shared apartment and went down to meet Colby. I saw him sitting in the red toyota corrolla and I got into the passenger side.

"Hey." I say to start off the conversation
"Hey Eden. How are you?" He asks.
"Im fine what about you?" I respond with a kind tone. All I could think about though was last night. Why the fuck would I think it would be a good idea to take cocaine?

"Im doing alright. So where do you wanna go eat?" He asks starting to drive away from the apartment complex.

"Uhm. Five guys?" I giggle. I fucking love five guys. Their burgers are just *chefs kiss* amazing.

"Okay. Wheres the nearest five guys?" He asks.
"Uhm I think the one in long beach."
"Okay." He responds.

We were driving for a little while to the five guys at long beach we were talking about our plans for Christmas.

Colby couldnt go see his parents either since they also lived in Kansas so we shared a similarity.

We got to the five guys and we got out the car and went inside.

I ordered a bacon burger and a diet coke along with some fries and Colby ordered a grilled cheese, some cajun fries and a sprite. We got our food and sat down in one of the booths.

We started talking about past relationships

"So when were you last in a relationship?" I ask genuinely curious since he doesnt show that hes in a relationship online.

"Uhm... God. Uh." He chuckles "April I think we broke up. What about you?" He asks.
"Uh.. January. So nearly a year I've been single for."
"How come?" Colby asks. He seems curious to learn about my past.
"I guess I just wasnt ready to get back into another relationship with somebody because of what Elijah did to me."
"If you dont mind me asking, What did he do to you Eden?" Colby asks.

"Uhm. He abused me." That puts something dull to the conversation. I laugh because its my coping mechanism I guess.

"Did he do it for no reason?"
"Yeah. I guess I was just a punching bag to him when ever he had to let off some steam. Now that I think about it, Elijah is completely different to you."

I giggle and Colby chuckles.

"Yeah? How?" He asks. Hes asking a lot of questions.
"Uhm. First off. He had brown hair, You have black hair. He was a body builder and you are no where near his size. Which I like." I smile and Colby smirks.

The door opens to the fast food restaurant and I look over curiously. Shit.

I snap my head back over to Colby.
"Elijah just walked in. Hide me please." My heart was racing. This was the first time I had seen him since January in court. The memories of the relationship start flooding into my mind like a fucking tsunami. I could suddenly feel tears sting at my eyes. I couldnt cry in a fucking five guys. I would ruin it for me. What the fuck is he still doing in California?