Chapter 17: What?

I woke up to multiple pings off of my phone. I reached over to grab my phone and check what was so urgent.

Keeley was texting me.

K: PICTURES OF YOU AND COLBY AT THE CLUB LAST NIGHT HAVE BEEN LEAKED

K: I REPEAT!!! PEOPLE ARE GOING CRAZY

K: GET YOUR ASS ON TWITTER RIGHT NOW!!!!

My heart starts to race.

E: wait what? What do you mean pictures got leaked?

E: What did they consist of? Send me the link for the post

After a few seconds a link comes through. I click on it and open twitter.

There was one picture of us on the dance floor extremely close, One of me sitting on his lap and one after I gave his gift to him and he kissed me.

What the fuck? Why are people invading our private life.

The post literally went viral. I checked multiple influencer news pages and they all had the pictures on them.

My heart was lowkey crumbling right now. I flung off the cover which woke Colby up.

"Whats wrong Eden?" He asks concerned.

"Everything! Pictures of us got leaked last night snd they went fucking viral!" I say. I could feel a panic attack coming on. I rush to the bathroom and threw up.

My breathing quickens and the room starts spinning. I feel Colbys hand come on my back.

"Eden! Eden! Name 5 things you can see!"

My breathing was like a pant right now.
"Uhm." I say through exasperated breaths " You, The tiles, Your shower, The towel rack, My phone."

"Good, Now find 4 things you can touch." He says calmly.

"Myself, The sink cabinet, the shower mat, You." I say laying a hand on his chest.

My breathing starts to slow but not by much.

"3 Things you can hear Eden." He says rubbing my back.

"My voice, My phone still fucking pinging, My breaths."

"Good, 2 Things you can smell." He says sitting down next to me on the floor.

"The airfreshener, Your cologne."

He grins.

"1 thing you can taste."

"Acid from my stomach." My breathing had completely calmed down. How the fuck did he know that?

"Come on. We will sort it out. We both know both of us aren't ashamed by our relationship but we dont want to tell the public. Especially if we are getting forced to say something about the pictures." He says helping me stand up. I wash my mouth out with some tap water.

I got changed into a pair of shorts I had left here before and an oversized xplr hoodie that was Colbys.

We went downstairs and everybody that was at the party lastnight was gathered in the kitchen.

All heads turn to us when we walk in.

"Guys I know! We fucked up. I shouldve kept my distance." I say confessing and breaking the silence of the room.

Keeley comes over to me and hugs me tightly.

I start to sob uncontrollably into her shoulder. I felt like shit. It was all my fault. Colby deserves somebody better than me. Not this 'lucky fan girl' Ive been called on twitter.

I was so angry at myself and the world.

"How could I let this happen for fucks sake!" I say pulling away from Keeleys shoulder. Keeley gave me a frown.

"Dont think all bad about it. Some people are loving it!" She says to try liften the mood.

I wipe my tears

"Some." I scoff. "What about all of the people that are already fucking hating on me. I dont know what to do with myself. Do I apologise for not staying atleast 6 metres away from Colby at all times?" I question.

I didnt need this stress. Who the fuck would invade our private life like that?

"You dont need to apologise Eden. Its not your fault. We shouldve made people promise that they wouldnt take pictures of our group without us knowing. None of it is our fault." Colby says trying to comfort me. I sniffle.

"Its my fault though!" I could feel tears well up in my eyes again making my vision blurry.

"Come here." Colby pulls me into a hug. Why did I have to fuck everything up? Everything was fine!

I hug Colby tightly.

"Lets get something to eat. We need to sort all of this out and figure who the fuck did this." Sam says sternly. I could tell he was also annoyed about the situation, He didnt want to see either me or Colby hurt.

"Yes! I agree. Come on Eden. Lets get changed and we can all go to ihop or something." Keels says. I nod. She grabs my hand and pulls me up stairs and goes into Sam and Kats shared room. Kat comes up shortly after. The boys had been left downstairs.

Kat hands me a white low cut top with long sleeves that came up just under my boobs.

She also handed me a pair of black skinny jeans and a black belt.

The boys got ready quickly.

——————

We all squished into Sams car and drove to the ihop.

We pulled up after about a 20 minute drive.

We all got out the car and went in and ordered our food.

We sat down with our food and the restaurant was generally full. It was quite good because it means nobody would probably over hear our conversation.

while eating a group of 3 girls come over to the table.

one was brunette, a blonde, and a red head.

"Hey! Your Sam and Colby right?" The brunette perks up

"Uh. Yeah!" Sam says

"Oh my god! I told you it was them! Can we get a pic?" The blonde one says excitedly

"Yeah sure!" Colby says getting up out of the seat and quickly wiping his mouth on a napkin. Sam does the same and they stand all together.

The red head gives me her phone and I take a couple pictures of them.

"Your Eden arent you?" The brunette says.

I nod.

"What do you think about the pictures? Its a total invasion of your guys privacy! Am I right?"

"Yeah. It is. We dont know who took the pictures though. And its the fact we arent even together that is weird cause all of the news articles are saying we are. Were just friends." I say trying to clear the air.

"It would be cute if you guys were together though!" The redhead says.

I smile sweetly.

"Anyways! We gotta get going! Bye!!" They all say their goodbyes and leave us.

That was the first time I had seen Sam and Colby have a fan interaction while knowing them.

Its what ever i guess. I mean they do have over 6 million subscribers so I guess its bound to happen.

Authors note:

Sorry for the short chapter! Im also posting more on the tiktok account (@chaseatlanticwhoree) and also Tysm for over 100 reads!

I thought this book wasnt going to get much attention but its now over 100 reads! So weird that people actually read the first chapter and decided to keep reading! But again tysm for it and im forever grateful 🖤