Things Are Going Well

"Yuki?" A voice pulled me from my sleep.

"Hmph?" I huffed.

"I've prepared breakfast for you." Kurogiri? I peeled my face from my pillow. It was indeed Kurogiri.

"Thanks." I groaned, checking the time.

Shigaraki was due to leave in half an hour. Cursing under my breath, I pulled myself out of bed slowly. Shigaraki had left after finishing his tea. We'd ran through the plans for the day, making sure not a single detail had been missed. Sleep was not easy to achieve after our little exchange. Self abuse was the only way to describe the thoughts that kept me up.

"Thank you." Kurogiri pulled me back to reality.

Furrowing my brow, I looked up at him and got out of bed. "For?"

"Last night Shigaraki came home far more relaxed than when he left." He explained as he took care of my bed. "I'm still unaware of the night's events, but he seemed to be happy."

My lips parted for a sigh of relief. "Good, I thought I'd upset him." I confessed. 

Trudging my way into the kitchen, I saw a freshly prepared omelet, toast, and orange juce. Not my favorite breakfast, but I didn't have to cook. Sliding onto the bench of my dining nook, I took note of the newspaper sitting on my table with an empty glass. Did Kurogiri read the paper? Wait! How did he even get in.

"Your spare key was tricky to get to." Shigaraki stated, walking in from the direction of the bathroom. "Dabi was kind enough to tell us where it was."

Kicking my foot back, I opened the hidden drawer built into the bench. My hand found the box of spare keys I kept tucked away and grabbed one. Taking a bite, I slid it to him as he sat down. I swallowed the bite with a sip of juice.

"There, don't let Dabi know you have that." I cut off another piece of omelet. "He'd throw a fit." 

The meal may not have been of preference, but damn could that void cook. After a shower and some serious self hyping, I was ready to get Shigaraki prepped. He waited for me on my bed with Jim in his lap. 

"You know you can pet him, right?" I stated as I opened my programs. "He won't hurt you."

"I'm more worried I would hurt him." He responded. Taking a peek over my shoulder, I saw a sort of sadness in his eyes.

"Your quirk?" I asked, turning back to my screen.

"Yes." He replied hollowly.

Adjusting settings, I tried to pry a bit. "What is your quirk?" I heard him get up. "I mean I have a vague understanding, but Decay doesn't tell me much."

He grabbed an empty bottle from my trashcan and held it up. His pinky hovered of the bottle for a second before he pressed it to the glass. A once solid piece of glass crumbled into dust like it was made of ash. My eyebrows raised as I cocked my head to the side. 

"Neat." I complimented. "Makes sense." Getting up, I grabbed his earpiece. "Let's get you ready for your little play date."

~~~~~~~~

The meeting went... smoothly? About as smoothly as you'd expect a meeting between two evil leaders to go. Shigaraki managed to cover a ton of ground, so we were able to effectively map out most of the underground pathways. 

"Toga and Twice I'll need you to come over for a quick visit." I stated, hopping up from the couch. "Bring your gear."

I'd nearly reached the door when Shigaraki called out to me. "Yuki."

"Yes, Shigaraki?" I replied, turning to face him. We'd not seen each other since he left for his meeting. When he got back we went straight into a meeting at his place. "Oh shit, my bad." I cursed to myself, remembering his earpiece. 

He walked up and gave it to me. "So, this date?"

Blushing, I looked at the ground. "Yeah, I guess it'll have to wait until the situation with Overhaul is taken care of." 

"Or we could go after you're done with Twice and Toga." He responded.

"Tonight?" My eyes met his with excitement. "We could go tonight."

"I'll be waiting for your message." He replied.

My heart was pounding away in my chest. Luckily, I'd been working on mic and GPS combos for everyone during the meeting. I'd be ready for our date in no time.