Words Are Hard

Tomura helped me out of my dress as I removed my makeup. I wasn't able to get a confession out of Hawks, so I ended up taking him home. This didn't upset Tomura in the slightest. He had told me that the hardest part of any big quest is meeting all of the achievements.

"I'm exhausted." I sighed as my dress fell to the floor. "Being around so many heroes was stressful."

Tomura removed his sweater and put it on me. Pulling me into his arms, he whispered. "You did a good job today." His forehead rested against mine gently. "Maybe we could take the day off tomorrow and play some games." He took a deep breath as if bothered by something. "I may even tolerate having Dabi over."

Giggling, I hugged my boyfriend close. "Thank you, Shiggy."

~~~~~~~~

My eyes shot open to see small flashes of light come from the direction of my computer. Sitting up, I saw Tomura was still awake, playing games on my computer. I tried to catch my breath as tears fell from my eyes. Tomura must've heard me because he turned back to look at me.

"I wasn't being too loud was I?" He asked with concern. I stayed silent with my hand on my chest. "Are you crying?"

He quickly paused the game and took off his headphones. Walking over to me, a troubled expression took place on his face. He looked terribly confused, as if he'd never seen someone cry before.

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

"Nightmare." I muttered softly. 

Scooting closer, I rested against him. He hesitated before wrapping his arms around me tightly. I sobbed into his shoulder, clutching his shirt in my fists. Jim walked up, taking the space between Tomura and myself. The hold Tomura had on me tightened, causing my back to pop.

His head pulled back and he looked down at me. "You're not my player two. You're a glowstick." He tried to joke. "Who are you and what castle is my princess in?"

My brow furrowed as I looked up at him. I couldn't help but laugh a little. "Did you just make a joke?" I laughed softly.

His smile took my pain instantly. "I wanted to see you smile." He kissed my forehead softly. "Besides, I don't really know how to handle crying." Sniffling, my tears started to fall again. "Hey, I just said I don't know what to do!"

Wiping away my tears, I laughed. "These are happy tears." I hugged him lovingly. "You're trying so hard even though you have no idea what to do."

"It's because I care about you." His words were softly affectionate.

It was hard for both of us to admit it, but we both felt it. Looking into his eyes, I whispered. "Tomura Shigaraki, I love you."

Tears filled his eyes as he started to tremble. Love scared him, he'd only ever known hate and pain. As far as I knew he'd never had someone that loved him for who he was. Then, I came along and showed him nothing but kindness. It made sense that none of it made sense to him, but I wanted to make it make sense. Wiping away his tears, I smiled softly. I held him against my chest and ran my fingers through his soft blue hair. My cheek rested atop his head.

"Let's go to sleep, love." I said softly.

He nodded against my chest as we laid back. Holding him in my arms, I felt content not hearing him say it back. There was strong possibility that I would never hear him tell me he loves me. I accepted the fact that Tomura would have to realize his feelings on his own. Love was something he'd have to become familiar with before he'd feel safe to use such a powerful word.

~~~~~~~~

We all sat on the couch playing a brawler. Dabi tended to act like a hard ass, but he secretly enjoyed little things like gaming with friends. The two were starting to get along decently, but they still had their moments.

"Eat shit, Pillsbury boy!" Dabi shouted as he took out Tomura, who now had 1 life left.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Tomura snapped.

"Shiggy, I believe he's trying to say you're flaky like a biscuit." I explained, waiting for his character to rejoin the battle arena. "It's a dry skin joke."

Tomura grumbled as he rejoined the fight. As soon as he dropped in we teamed up on Dabi. Before the game I'd agreed to help Dabi, but we all knew I wasn't going to let Dabi end Tomura's fun. As I threw Dabi from the map he stared in disbelief.

"Traitor." Dabi called me out.

Tomura huffed. "You're good at finding those, aren't you, Dabi?"

Dabi was offended by Tomura's comment. In the brief moment that Tomura was occupied I managed to knock him out. This earned me my sixth win of the night, meaning I was 2 behind Tomura and 6 ahead of Dabi.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Dabi eyed Tomura.

Sighing, I stood from the couch. "I'll let Tomura explain this one."